Giggly escapades among geeks who triumph in the end, giggly views of cleavage, giggly names for female genitalia, conservative values with an overlay of hound-doggery: Everything old is old again in The Rise of Taj, the rickety extension of 2002’s already rickety Van Wilder. What’s new is that the campus is now in England, and the lead geek isn’t white but rather the Indian good-timer Taj Mahal Badalandabad of the original, once again run through a Peter Sellers imitation machine by the amiable Kal Penn of Harold & Kumar fame.
(National Lampoon's Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj: Alexandra Ioan)
Starring: Kal Penn; Starring: Lauren Cohan; Director: Mort Nathan; Author: David Drew Gallagher; Release Date Wide: 12/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted December 6 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Welcome to Sweden' canceled by NBC
- Kung Fu Panda 3 filmmaker explains why Kai is the series' first supernatural villain
- Queen Latifah and Mary J. Blige join NBC's The Wiz
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!