Giggly escapades among geeks who triumph in the end, giggly views of cleavage, giggly names for female genitalia, conservative values with an overlay of hound-doggery: Everything old is old again in The Rise of Taj, the rickety extension of 2002’s already rickety Van Wilder. What’s new is that the campus is now in England, and the lead geek isn’t white but rather the Indian good-timer Taj Mahal Badalandabad of the original, once again run through a Peter Sellers imitation machine by the amiable Kal Penn of Harold & Kumar fame.
(National Lampoon's Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj: Alexandra Ioan)
Starring: Kal Penn; Starring: Lauren Cohan; Director: Mort Nathan; Author: David Drew Gallagher; Release Date Wide: 12/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys': Ramse arc 'planned from first minute'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!