Giggly escapades among geeks who triumph in the end, giggly views of cleavage, giggly names for female genitalia, conservative values with an overlay of hound-doggery: Everything old is old again in The Rise of Taj, the rickety extension of 2002’s already rickety Van Wilder. What’s new is that the campus is now in England, and the lead geek isn’t white but rather the Indian good-timer Taj Mahal Badalandabad of the original, once again run through a Peter Sellers imitation machine by the amiable Kal Penn of Harold & Kumar fame.
(National Lampoon's Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj: Alexandra Ioan)
Starring: Kal Penn; Starring: Lauren Cohan; Director: Mort Nathan; Author: David Drew Gallagher; Release Date Wide: 12/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted December 6 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay won't direct Marvel film
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!