Disney and Walden Media have piled on the goodies with their four-disc ”Extended Edition” of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the stately adaptation of C.S. Lewis’ fantasy classic. Director Andrew Adamson has added 10 minutes of new footage. There’s an extended battle between the good guys, led by the kids and the lion god Aslan, and the one-eyed trolls and minotaurs rallying behind Tilda Swinton’s ice sorceress. Want to know how many hairs there are on Aslan’s body? Twelve million CG-rendered follicles, according to a just-shy-of-asking-the-gaffer-what-he-had-for-breakfast making-of doc (James McAvoy, as Tumnus the faun, had to wear green pants so those goat legs could be digitally attached). Commentaries range from Georgie Henley (young Lucy) to Swinton. Some of the best stuff is in the doc C.S. Lewis: Dreamer of Narnia. Various interviewees paint a portrait of a brilliant thinker whose favorite pastimes through his 64 years remained ”eating and walking.”
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: James McAvoy, Tilda Swinton, Jim Broadbent, Rupert Everett, William Moseley; Director: Andrew Adamson; Author: Andrew Adamson, C.S. Lewis, Ann Peacock; Release Date Wide: 12/09/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 140; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Productions
Posted December 8 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Adele, Channing Tatum make YouTube's top trending videos of 2016
- 'GoT' vs. 'TWD': Which show has the higher kill count?
- Tina Fey on Trump-Baldwin Twitter feud: 'It just makes me feel sick'
- Netflix reveals the most popular TV and movies binge pairings
- 'Fifty Shades Darker': 8 Most GIF-able moments from the new trailer
- Christina Ricci is Zelda Fitzgerald in trailer for new Amazon series
- David Bowie's collaborators set tribute concert
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot