Dreamgirls, the Broadway musical-turned-film about a ’60s girl group — okay, the Supremes — has Aretha-piped, plus-size Effie (Jennifer Hudson) demoted in favor of crossover babe Deena (Beyoncé). And sure enough, Beyoncé is pop perfection on the title track. Eddie Murphy also impresses when channeling James Brown on several other tunes. But the album really comes alive on Hudson’s tracks, and ultimately, this is her moment. When she belts showstopper ”And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going,” it’s the rallying cry of a new star.
Dreamgirls Dreamgirls, the Broadway musical-turned-film about a '60s girl group — okay, the Supremes — has Aretha-piped, plus-size...DreamgirlsSoundtracks Dreamgirls, the Broadway musical-turned-film about a '60s girl group — okay, the Supremes — has Aretha-piped, plus-size...2006-12-15
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted December 15 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- Michael Massee, Actor Who Played '24' Villain Ira Gaines, Dies at 61
- 'Mad Men' creator Matthew Weiner lines up Amazon anthology series
- Box office preview: Tom Hanks' 'Inferno' to catch fire at No. 1
- Hillary Clinton on Adele's endorsement: 'It meant a lot to me'
- 'Westworld': New photos plus episode titles give clues
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers