It’s easy enough to identify the best Christmas tunes (like every track on the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, perhaps?), but worst is a bit harder. The self-sacrificing foks at Retrocrush, however, have made their picks and posted the videos. Clearly, Paul McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmas Time” (pictured) is wretched; I imagine those unstoppable synth lines are what it would sound like if one of those little worms from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan were put into my ear. But NewSong’s “The Christmas Shoes”? That’s a new one. And what a video: the kid is dressed in a Dickensian urchin cap, his mother in a pilgrim hat, and apparently – if we go by the gigantic bottle of nasal spray by her bed – she’s dying of a really intense sinus infection. I can’t think straight after watching that. Help me PopWatchers. What are your choices for the Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
Posted December 18 2006 — 8:17 PM EST
- 'Empire' star Taraji P. Henson: 'You don’t want to be called Boo Boo Kitty’
- Netflix announces dates for 'Orange Is the New Black,' 'Wet Hot American Summer'
- SXSW to premiere remastered version of 'The Breakfast Club' for 30th anniversary
- 'Empire' exclusive peek at Cookie lashing out at Anika: 'Bye, Felicia'
- Brownstone's Charmayne 'Maxee' Maxwell dies at 46
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- J.K. Rowling 'cried her eyes out' at BBC's Casual Vacancy ending