As if to follow up on Michelle Kung’s PopWatch post from Thursday, yesterday’s New York Post lists the asking prices for various American Idol stars to make personal appearances at private shindigs. Kelly Clarkson (pictured) demands as much as $300,000, which seems about right, but Season 2 winner Ruben Studdard gets only a tenth of that. And Season 2 finalist Kimberly Caldwell will show up at your party for as little as $2,000. (No word on Justin Guarini’s party price; guess you have to ask that catering company what they pay their individual waiters and busboys.) Anyway, we note the Idol article here just to raise the question: is the market, at last, a truly objective way for us to rate the fame quotient of Idol-minted stars and others? Discuss.
Posted December 18 2006 — 5:02 PM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!