As if to follow up on Michelle Kung’s PopWatch post from Thursday, yesterday’s New York Post lists the asking prices for various American Idol stars to make personal appearances at private shindigs. Kelly Clarkson (pictured) demands as much as $300,000, which seems about right, but Season 2 winner Ruben Studdard gets only a tenth of that. And Season 2 finalist Kimberly Caldwell will show up at your party for as little as $2,000. (No word on Justin Guarini’s party price; guess you have to ask that catering company what they pay their individual waiters and busboys.) Anyway, we note the Idol article here just to raise the question: is the market, at last, a truly objective way for us to rate the fame quotient of Idol-minted stars and others? Discuss.
Posted December 18 2006 — 5:02 PM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!