As if to follow up on Michelle Kung’s PopWatch post from Thursday, yesterday’s New York Post lists the asking prices for various American Idol stars to make personal appearances at private shindigs. Kelly Clarkson (pictured) demands as much as $300,000, which seems about right, but Season 2 winner Ruben Studdard gets only a tenth of that. And Season 2 finalist Kimberly Caldwell will show up at your party for as little as $2,000. (No word on Justin Guarini’s party price; guess you have to ask that catering company what they pay their individual waiters and busboys.) Anyway, we note the Idol article here just to raise the question: is the market, at last, a truly objective way for us to rate the fame quotient of Idol-minted stars and others? Discuss.
Posted December 18 2006 — 5:02 PM EST
- 'Person of Interest' exclusive: Finch and Reese face old foe
- Those crazy 'Bachelorette'/'Bachelor' job titles explained
- Dan Aykroyd praises 'Ghostbusters' reboot
- Dwayne Johnson to play Doc Savage
- Eminem reveals why the original 'Stan' is lost forever
- Maya Rudolph, Martin Short reveal their fave SNL sketch by other person
- John Oliver wants to know why bread pants are 'not a thing'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers