Uh, so where are the Transformers of my childhood? For one thing, there are too many damn people in this movie, from the looks of this trailer, and not enough robots. I mean, I’m sorry, I thought this was going to be about cars and things that turn into robots, not another IndependenceDayArmageddonWaroftheWorlds movie. (Although, what else would you expect from director Michael Bay?) Where are the autobots at?! I swear, they are only in the trailer for like five seconds; the rest of the time its Shia LaBeouf and another actor running away from things falling out of the sky. Still, if doomsday cinema that can rehash any unoriginal idea and make it something completely unrecognizable is your thing, if invading aliens bringing our natural world to the brink of destruction gets you going, and if car chase sequences that end in obliterating explosions help you find meaning in life, then by all means, jot down the Transformers release date of July 4, 2007 into your calendar.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Big Sean performs 'One Man Can Change The World' on 'Fallon'
- 'Notary Publix' sneak peek: Jay Pharoah joins Kate McKinnon's series
- Weezer fan club single 'Everybody Needs Salvation' is now available to... everybody
- Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, more join Billboard Music Awards lineup
- George Clooney fights to protect his futuristic house in 'Tomorrowland' trailer
- Hear Lisa Loeb's new song '3,2,1, Let Go' from the movie 'Helicopter Mom'
- Watch LL Cool J really try to play Pictionary with Jimmy Fallon, Rose Byrne and Big Sean
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!