Uh, so where are the Transformers of my childhood? For one thing, there are too many damn people in this movie, from the looks of this trailer, and not enough robots. I mean, I’m sorry, I thought this was going to be about cars and things that turn into robots, not another IndependenceDayArmageddonWaroftheWorlds movie. (Although, what else would you expect from director Michael Bay?) Where are the autobots at?! I swear, they are only in the trailer for like five seconds; the rest of the time its Shia LaBeouf and another actor running away from things falling out of the sky. Still, if doomsday cinema that can rehash any unoriginal idea and make it something completely unrecognizable is your thing, if invading aliens bringing our natural world to the brink of destruction gets you going, and if car chase sequences that end in obliterating explosions help you find meaning in life, then by all means, jot down the Transformers release date of July 4, 2007 into your calendar.
Posted December 20 2006 — 11:23 PM EST
- Larry Wilmore slams hunting dentist who killed Cecil the lion
- Keith Urban shows how this smash single got made
- Tyler, The Creator raps the new Dr. Seuss book
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!