Admit it: You made a terrible mistake. Back in September, you took a pass on Ugly Betty, foolishly choosing to put your money on some unfortunate freshman series that didn’t quite pan out – like Justice, or Six Degrees, or (heaven help you) Twenty Good Years. Now, when friends greet you by shouting “Hoe-lah!” or text-message you lines like “Did you just gesture at me when you said Kwanzaa?”, all you can do is plaster on your best fake grin and pretend you have some idea what they’re talking about. Well, the good news is you still have time to make amends – before the new year arrives. ABC Family is presenting an all-day Ugly Betty marathon on Sunday, December 31st (9:00 AM - 7:00 PM). I’ll be DVR-ing it myself – the better to hone my delivery on Vanessa (L. Yeah) Williams’ zingers, like “Poor people are so…cheap.” – and I implore you to do the same. In fact, on the off chance you’re still not convinced the show’s for you, I’m going to ask PopWatching Betty fans to compile some of the show’s other addictive catchphrases in the comments section below. If they don’t deliver, I’ll be “hellaciously upset.”
Posted December 27 2006 — 5:32 PM EST
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- Joe Biden calls out Donald Trump's 'malarkey' in blistering speech
- Audra McDonald, Idina Menzel, Darren Criss, more sing at DNC
- ‘Wayward Pines’ finale postmortem: EP on what that last scene means
- 'Kingdom' star Kiele Sanchez talks tackling a miscarriage on TV
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels