Admit it: You made a terrible mistake. Back in September, you took a pass on Ugly Betty, foolishly choosing to put your money on some unfortunate freshman series that didn’t quite pan out – like Justice, or Six Degrees, or (heaven help you) Twenty Good Years. Now, when friends greet you by shouting “Hoe-lah!” or text-message you lines like “Did you just gesture at me when you said Kwanzaa?”, all you can do is plaster on your best fake grin and pretend you have some idea what they’re talking about. Well, the good news is you still have time to make amends – before the new year arrives. ABC Family is presenting an all-day Ugly Betty marathon on Sunday, December 31st (9:00 AM - 7:00 PM). I’ll be DVR-ing it myself – the better to hone my delivery on Vanessa (L. Yeah) Williams’ zingers, like “Poor people are so…cheap.” – and I implore you to do the same. In fact, on the off chance you’re still not convinced the show’s for you, I’m going to ask PopWatching Betty fans to compile some of the show’s other addictive catchphrases in the comments section below. If they don’t deliver, I’ll be “hellaciously upset.”
Posted December 27 2006 — 5:32 PM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel