A really attractive artist (A Good Year?s Abbie Cornish) loves a really attractive poet (Heath Ledger, pictured with Cornish), which is a good thing in Candy, a wildly romanticized Australian druggie drama. Except they both love heroin, which is a bad thing — and not exactly a new druggie-drama notion. Plus, even as they spiral inevitably downward from ecstasy to hell — she turns tricks, he steals — they somehow still look really attractive, which is a ridiculous thing. Geoffrey Rush, a friend of director Neil Armfield, contributes a flourish as the couple?s enabler.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Neil Armfield; Author: Neil Armfield, Luke Davies; Release Date Limited: 11/17/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Find out the No. 1 movie on the day you were born
- Cast confirmed for Woody Allen's next film
- Mary J. Blige helps out Taraji P. Henson in new 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- See Iceman, Littlefinger in new trailer for Xbox One exclusive 'Quantum Break'
- 'Hannibal' star Hugh Dancy cast in new Hulu series
- Chris Hardwick auditions for 'Fantastic Five,' powers include being a good hugger
- Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series