A really attractive artist (A Good Year?s Abbie Cornish) loves a really attractive poet (Heath Ledger, pictured with Cornish), which is a good thing in Candy, a wildly romanticized Australian druggie drama. Except they both love heroin, which is a bad thing — and not exactly a new druggie-drama notion. Plus, even as they spiral inevitably downward from ecstasy to hell — she turns tricks, he steals — they somehow still look really attractive, which is a ridiculous thing. Geoffrey Rush, a friend of director Neil Armfield, contributes a flourish as the couple?s enabler.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Neil Armfield; Author: Neil Armfield, Luke Davies; Release Date Limited: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'