A really attractive artist (A Good Year?s Abbie Cornish) loves a really attractive poet (Heath Ledger, pictured with Cornish), which is a good thing in Candy, a wildly romanticized Australian druggie drama. Except they both love heroin, which is a bad thing — and not exactly a new druggie-drama notion. Plus, even as they spiral inevitably downward from ecstasy to hell — she turns tricks, he steals — they somehow still look really attractive, which is a ridiculous thing. Geoffrey Rush, a friend of director Neil Armfield, contributes a flourish as the couple?s enabler.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Neil Armfield; Author: Neil Armfield, Luke Davies; Release Date Limited: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel