A really attractive artist (A Good Year?s Abbie Cornish) loves a really attractive poet (Heath Ledger, pictured with Cornish), which is a good thing in Candy, a wildly romanticized Australian druggie drama. Except they both love heroin, which is a bad thing — and not exactly a new druggie-drama notion. Plus, even as they spiral inevitably downward from ecstasy to hell — she turns tricks, he steals — they somehow still look really attractive, which is a ridiculous thing. Geoffrey Rush, a friend of director Neil Armfield, contributes a flourish as the couple?s enabler.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Neil Armfield; Author: Neil Armfield, Luke Davies; Release Date Limited: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!