As Lucy, who likes her Coors Light and her men but slinks away after drunken one-night stands as if she were a man, Ashley Judd (pictured) gives a performance in Come Early Morning that?s a full-on study of pride and pleasure built around a core of distress. That said, the real revelation of this touching and fine-grained character study, set in small-town Arkansas, is the splendid job that Joey Lauren Adams did writing and directing it. The baby-voiced costar of Chasing Amy proves an effortless filmmaker, turning Lucy?s journey into the awakening of a soul.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Jeffrey Donovan, Ashley Judd, Diane Ladd, Tim Blake Nelson, Laura Prepon; Director: Joey Lauren Adams; Author: Joey Lauren Adams; Release Date Limited: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- A look back at the time 'Silence of the Lambs' won big at the Oscars
- Happy Valentine's Day! Read highlights from Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner previews introduction of the Hilltop
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll