As Lucy, who likes her Coors Light and her men but slinks away after drunken one-night stands as if she were a man, Ashley Judd (pictured) gives a performance in Come Early Morning that?s a full-on study of pride and pleasure built around a core of distress. That said, the real revelation of this touching and fine-grained character study, set in small-town Arkansas, is the splendid job that Joey Lauren Adams did writing and directing it. The baby-voiced costar of Chasing Amy proves an effortless filmmaker, turning Lucy?s journey into the awakening of a soul.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Jeffrey Donovan, Ashley Judd, Diane Ladd, Tim Blake Nelson, Laura Prepon; Director: Joey Lauren Adams; Author: Joey Lauren Adams; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- One Direction's new album might channel Oasis
- Tobias Jesso Jr. shares 'Without You' music video
- Blur to play their first North American show since 2013 this Friday
- 'Age of Ultron' advance ticket sales nearly quadruple 'Avengers'
- VH1 renews 'Barely Famous' for second season
- 'Grey's Anatomy' adds male actor after Dempsey exit
- See the cover for Chuck Palahniuk's 'Fight Club 2' comic