As Lucy, who likes her Coors Light and her men but slinks away after drunken one-night stands as if she were a man, Ashley Judd (pictured) gives a performance in Come Early Morning that?s a full-on study of pride and pleasure built around a core of distress. That said, the real revelation of this touching and fine-grained character study, set in small-town Arkansas, is the splendid job that Joey Lauren Adams did writing and directing it. The baby-voiced costar of Chasing Amy proves an effortless filmmaker, turning Lucy?s journey into the awakening of a soul.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Jeffrey Donovan, Ashley Judd, Diane Ladd, Tim Blake Nelson, Laura Prepon; Director: Joey Lauren Adams; Author: Joey Lauren Adams; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!