Why was Mumble the emperor penguin (Elijah Wood) born to tap-dance rather than sing like the rest of his ilk in Happy Feet, a moderately adorable, musically wacky, ecologically activist CG family comedy from George Miller, the guy who made Babe? Because Mumble is, you know, different but special in a March of the Penguins kind of way. Why was Robin Williams hired to voice two ethnic-accented fellow birds? Because once he kibitzed as a genie in Aladdin, and now, alas, he can?t be stuffed back into the freaking lamp.
(Happy Feet: Warner Bros.)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Robin Williams; Director: George Miller; Author: Warren Coleman, John Collee, George Miller, Judy Morris; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!