Why was Mumble the emperor penguin (Elijah Wood) born to tap-dance rather than sing like the rest of his ilk in Happy Feet, a moderately adorable, musically wacky, ecologically activist CG family comedy from George Miller, the guy who made Babe? Because Mumble is, you know, different but special in a March of the Penguins kind of way. Why was Robin Williams hired to voice two ethnic-accented fellow birds? Because once he kibitzed as a genie in Aladdin, and now, alas, he can?t be stuffed back into the freaking lamp.
(Happy Feet: Warner Bros.)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Robin Williams; Director: George Miller; Author: Warren Coleman, John Collee, George Miller, Judy Morris; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tracy Morgan's first TV interview since car accident to air on 'Today'
- See the cover and an excerpt from Michael Buckley's 'Raging Sea,' book two in the Undertow Trilogy
- Mizgin ditches an ex in 'If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)' video -- exclusive
- U2 pays tribute to deceased tour manager at Los Angeles concert
- Kit Harington and Alicia Vikander are a darling 'Testament of Youth' in exclusive clip
- 'Jaws' turns 40, returns to theaters for another feeding