Why was Mumble the emperor penguin (Elijah Wood) born to tap-dance rather than sing like the rest of his ilk in Happy Feet, a moderately adorable, musically wacky, ecologically activist CG family comedy from George Miller, the guy who made Babe? Because Mumble is, you know, different but special in a March of the Penguins kind of way. Why was Robin Williams hired to voice two ethnic-accented fellow birds? Because once he kibitzed as a genie in Aladdin, and now, alas, he can?t be stuffed back into the freaking lamp.
(Happy Feet: Warner Bros.)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Robin Williams; Director: George Miller; Author: Warren Coleman, John Collee, George Miller, Judy Morris; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dylan's Candy Bar is celebrating 'Mean Girls' with themed candy
- 11 outrageous moments from Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 'Faking It' season 2B supertease: Karma and Amy pretend to be a couple again — exclusive
- Why Bill Murray agreed to appear in the next 'Ghostbusters'
- Keith Richards talks solo album, documentary, and trying to get the Stones back in the studio
- 'Saturday Night Live' adds Jon Rudnitsky as cast member
- Rooney Mara helps Rio kids in new 'Trash' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!