Why was Mumble the emperor penguin (Elijah Wood) born to tap-dance rather than sing like the rest of his ilk in Happy Feet, a moderately adorable, musically wacky, ecologically activist CG family comedy from George Miller, the guy who made Babe? Because Mumble is, you know, different but special in a March of the Penguins kind of way. Why was Robin Williams hired to voice two ethnic-accented fellow birds? Because once he kibitzed as a genie in Aladdin, and now, alas, he can?t be stuffed back into the freaking lamp.
(Happy Feet: Warner Bros.)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Robin Williams; Director: George Miller; Author: Warren Coleman, John Collee, George Miller, Judy Morris; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Winslet to star as famed muse and photographer Lee Miller
- See the first teaser for the Jesse Owens biopic
- Vin Diesel breaks free of his chains in new 'Last Witch Hunter' clip
- What's the best Halloween movie? 'Hatchet' director Adam Green says...
- Jennifer Lawrence departs 'The Rosie Project'
- Two 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' mystery characters get backstories
- HBO orders Lena Dunham's 1960s feminism comedy pilot
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6