Why was Mumble the emperor penguin (Elijah Wood) born to tap-dance rather than sing like the rest of his ilk in Happy Feet, a moderately adorable, musically wacky, ecologically activist CG family comedy from George Miller, the guy who made Babe? Because Mumble is, you know, different but special in a March of the Penguins kind of way. Why was Robin Williams hired to voice two ethnic-accented fellow birds? Because once he kibitzed as a genie in Aladdin, and now, alas, he can?t be stuffed back into the freaking lamp.
(Happy Feet: Warner Bros.)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Robin Williams; Director: George Miller; Author: Warren Coleman, John Collee, George Miller, Judy Morris; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Mariah Carey to perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards
- Kygo turns Tove Lo's 'Habits (Stay High)' into the piano ballad you need
- Tegan and Sara, F--ked Up, and more join indie rock video game
- E! orders Jillian Michaels docu-series, comedy series produced by Joel McHale
- 'Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5' announced
- Mindy Kaling reveals cover for second book, 'Why Not Me?'
- MTV's 'Awkward' books 'Mean Girls' actor Jonathan Bennett
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!