This Austin outfit’s 2002 breakthrough album, Source Tags & Codes, and its 2005 follow-up, Worlds Apart, made up an irresistible double bill of furious art rock. On So Divided, they show off their poppier tendencies with a cover of the Guided by Voices ballad ”Gold Heart Mountain Top Queen Directory” and the Shins-esque ”Eight Day Hell.” They do, however, retain enough of their signature orchestral flourishes, grandiose choruses, and found-sound fragments to keep longtime fans satisfied.
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Interscope
Posted December 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters