Will Smith, in a beautiful performance, slows himself down to play Chris Gardner, an earnest fellow who attempts to achieve middle-class solidity by becoming a stockbroker. Set in 1981, this shrewdly touching movie speaks to the anxieties of our own time, and what hooks you is how specific it is about one man’s economic perils.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jaden Smith, Will Smith, Thandie Newton; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Steve Conrad; Release Date Wide: 12/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!