Will Smith, in a beautiful performance, slows himself down to play Chris Gardner, an earnest fellow who attempts to achieve middle-class solidity by becoming a stockbroker. Set in 1981, this shrewdly touching movie speaks to the anxieties of our own time, and what hooks you is how specific it is about one man’s economic perils.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jaden Smith, Will Smith, Thandie Newton; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Steve Conrad; Release Date Wide: 12/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted December 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Jackman shares ‘Wolverine’ teaser image and asks for fan input
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!