Will Smith, in a beautiful performance, slows himself down to play Chris Gardner, an earnest fellow who attempts to achieve middle-class solidity by becoming a stockbroker. Set in 1981, this shrewdly touching movie speaks to the anxieties of our own time, and what hooks you is how specific it is about one man’s economic perils.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jaden Smith, Will Smith, Thandie Newton; Director: Gabriele Muccino; Author: Steve Conrad; Release Date Wide: 12/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted December 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!