The nutcase in Black Christmas eats eyeballs. He also chomps on snow-angel cookies made out of the flesh off his dead mom’s back. Yet Christmas is not an endurance-test torturama like Saw and its offspring. A remake of one of the first slasher movies ever, it’s old-school stupid instead — a return to horror roots that plays like ineptly filmed nostalgia, complete with hot sorority girls stuck inside a snowed-in house, a gratuitous shower scene, projectile but still restrained gore, and (here’s what really kills it) twice as many accidental laughs as scares.
(Black Christmas: Shane Harvey)
Genre: Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Katie Cassidy, Lacey Chabert, Oliver Hudson, Michelle Trachtenberg, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Lacey Chabert; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt