The nutcase in Black Christmas eats eyeballs. He also chomps on snow-angel cookies made out of the flesh off his dead mom’s back. Yet Christmas is not an endurance-test torturama like Saw and its offspring. A remake of one of the first slasher movies ever, it’s old-school stupid instead — a return to horror roots that plays like ineptly filmed nostalgia, complete with hot sorority girls stuck inside a snowed-in house, a gratuitous shower scene, projectile but still restrained gore, and (here’s what really kills it) twice as many accidental laughs as scares.
(Black Christmas: Shane Harvey)
Genre: Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Katie Cassidy, Lacey Chabert, Oliver Hudson, Michelle Trachtenberg, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Lacey Chabert; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Key & Peele imagine a world without racism in new sketch
- Hot Chocolate singer Errol Brown dies at age 71
- See 'It Follows' star Maika Monroe in 'Echoes of War'
- 'Game of Thrones': Which actor is also the best singer?
- Adele dressed up like George Michael on her birthday
- Charlize Theron reveals all about her ultimate female road warrior in 'Mad Max'
- Phil Rudd's AC/DC bandmates haven't contacted him since his criminal charges
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!