The nutcase in Black Christmas eats eyeballs. He also chomps on snow-angel cookies made out of the flesh off his dead mom’s back. Yet Christmas is not an endurance-test torturama like Saw and its offspring. A remake of one of the first slasher movies ever, it’s old-school stupid instead — a return to horror roots that plays like ineptly filmed nostalgia, complete with hot sorority girls stuck inside a snowed-in house, a gratuitous shower scene, projectile but still restrained gore, and (here’s what really kills it) twice as many accidental laughs as scares.
(Black Christmas: Shane Harvey)
Genre: Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Katie Cassidy, Lacey Chabert, Oliver Hudson, Michelle Trachtenberg, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Lacey Chabert; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!