Happily N’Ever After is to Pixar what color-by-numbers is to traditional Disney animation. The press notes boast that the total production time was only 15 months, ”unheard of for a first-class computer animated movie.” Maybe there’s a reason why that’s unheard-of. This thrown-together, dumpy-looking misfire finds Cinderella’s wicked stepma (Sigourney Weaver) taking over Fairy Tale Land. Sounds subversive, but Happily is stuffed with stock characters — the vain prince, the critter sidekicks — who adamantly stay stock.
Genre: Animation; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr., Sigourney Weaver, George Carlin, Andy Dick; Director: Paul J. Bolger; Author: Robert Moreland; Release Date Wide: 01/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake