Happily N’Ever After is to Pixar what color-by-numbers is to traditional Disney animation. The press notes boast that the total production time was only 15 months, ”unheard of for a first-class computer animated movie.” Maybe there’s a reason why that’s unheard-of. This thrown-together, dumpy-looking misfire finds Cinderella’s wicked stepma (Sigourney Weaver) taking over Fairy Tale Land. Sounds subversive, but Happily is stuffed with stock characters — the vain prince, the critter sidekicks — who adamantly stay stock.
Genre: Animation; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr., Sigourney Weaver, George Carlin, Andy Dick; Director: Paul J. Bolger; Author: Robert Moreland; Release Date Wide: 01/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories