Happily N’Ever After is to Pixar what color-by-numbers is to traditional Disney animation. The press notes boast that the total production time was only 15 months, ”unheard of for a first-class computer animated movie.” Maybe there’s a reason why that’s unheard-of. This thrown-together, dumpy-looking misfire finds Cinderella’s wicked stepma (Sigourney Weaver) taking over Fairy Tale Land. Sounds subversive, but Happily is stuffed with stock characters — the vain prince, the critter sidekicks — who adamantly stay stock.
Genre: Animation; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr., Sigourney Weaver, George Carlin, Andy Dick; Director: Paul J. Bolger; Author: Robert Moreland; Release Date Wide: 01/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump's proposed Muslim ban is 'tyranny'