Happily N’Ever After is to Pixar what color-by-numbers is to traditional Disney animation. The press notes boast that the total production time was only 15 months, ”unheard of for a first-class computer animated movie.” Maybe there’s a reason why that’s unheard-of. This thrown-together, dumpy-looking misfire finds Cinderella’s wicked stepma (Sigourney Weaver) taking over Fairy Tale Land. Sounds subversive, but Happily is stuffed with stock characters — the vain prince, the critter sidekicks — who adamantly stay stock.
Genre: Animation; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr., Sigourney Weaver, George Carlin, Andy Dick; Director: Paul J. Bolger; Author: Robert Moreland; Release Date Wide: 01/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden: Don't deep-fry a turkey today
- Is there a 'Blacklist' baby on the way?