Happily N’Ever After is to Pixar what color-by-numbers is to traditional Disney animation. The press notes boast that the total production time was only 15 months, ”unheard of for a first-class computer animated movie.” Maybe there’s a reason why that’s unheard-of. This thrown-together, dumpy-looking misfire finds Cinderella’s wicked stepma (Sigourney Weaver) taking over Fairy Tale Land. Sounds subversive, but Happily is stuffed with stock characters — the vain prince, the critter sidekicks — who adamantly stay stock.
Genre: Animation; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr., Sigourney Weaver, George Carlin, Andy Dick; Director: Paul J. Bolger; Author: Robert Moreland; Release Date Wide: 01/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!