In Night at the Museum, the whole freaking, awesome Museum of Natural History comes alive at night — including dinosaur bones, lions, a waxwork of Teddy Roosevelt (Robin Williams), and a teeny Roman general freed from his diorama (Brit comedy biggie Steve Coogan). And yet night guard Ben Stiller doesn’t want to Focker around because he’s a dweeby, divorced dad who worries about his kid? Jeez, what a…dull, nice guy. What a dull, nice movie, wrenched from a wild premise and battered into docility.
(Night at the Museum: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Stiller, Ernest Borgnine, Dick Van Dyke, Ricky Gervais, Carla Gugino, Mickey Rooney, Robin Williams; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon; Release Date Wide: 12/22/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Singer-songwriter Robbin Thompson dies at 66
- David Duchovny explains why Mulder is actually the worst FBI agent ever
- What's the word on the return of 'The X-Files'?
- 'Teen Wolf' cast teases new big bad at New York Comic Con
- What we learned from the 'Shadowhunters' panel at Comic-Con
- Vin Diesel shares the tragic reason why he takes stunts so seriously
- Bryan Cranston wants to play a ‘nasty’ Marvel villain