In Night at the Museum, the whole freaking, awesome Museum of Natural History comes alive at night — including dinosaur bones, lions, a waxwork of Teddy Roosevelt (Robin Williams), and a teeny Roman general freed from his diorama (Brit comedy biggie Steve Coogan). And yet night guard Ben Stiller doesn’t want to Focker around because he’s a dweeby, divorced dad who worries about his kid? Jeez, what a…dull, nice guy. What a dull, nice movie, wrenched from a wild premise and battered into docility.
(Night at the Museum: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Stiller, Ernest Borgnine, Dick Van Dyke, Ricky Gervais, Carla Gugino, Mickey Rooney, Robin Williams; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon; Release Date Wide: 12/22/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum