In Night at the Museum, the whole freaking, awesome Museum of Natural History comes alive at night — including dinosaur bones, lions, a waxwork of Teddy Roosevelt (Robin Williams), and a teeny Roman general freed from his diorama (Brit comedy biggie Steve Coogan). And yet night guard Ben Stiller doesn’t want to Focker around because he’s a dweeby, divorced dad who worries about his kid? Jeez, what a…dull, nice guy. What a dull, nice movie, wrenched from a wild premise and battered into docility.
(Night at the Museum: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Stiller, Ernest Borgnine, Dick Van Dyke, Ricky Gervais, Carla Gugino, Mickey Rooney, Robin Williams; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon; Release Date Wide: 12/22/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel