In Night at the Museum, the whole freaking, awesome Museum of Natural History comes alive at night — including dinosaur bones, lions, a waxwork of Teddy Roosevelt (Robin Williams), and a teeny Roman general freed from his diorama (Brit comedy biggie Steve Coogan). And yet night guard Ben Stiller doesn’t want to Focker around because he’s a dweeby, divorced dad who worries about his kid? Jeez, what a…dull, nice guy. What a dull, nice movie, wrenched from a wild premise and battered into docility.
(Night at the Museum: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Stiller, Ernest Borgnine, Dick Van Dyke, Ricky Gervais, Carla Gugino, Mickey Rooney, Robin Williams; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon; Release Date Wide: 12/22/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- How Tituss Burgess nearly missed his '30 Rock' audition
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!