In Julia Navarro’s The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud, the sanctity of an Italian cathedral is compromised by an underground religious cult attempting to steal Jesus’ supposed burial cloth. As a team of arts-crime investigators strive to find out who is responsible, they discover that a secret society of Christians have been risking their lives to save the holy relic for two millennia. Navarro deserves credit for her extensive research on the legend of the Knights Templar. But the story’s all too familiar and its fluidity gets muddled by the overwhelming number of prosaic characters and crosscutting story lines that span both continents and centuries.
The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud In Julia Navarro's The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud, the sanctity of an Italian cathedral is compromised by an underground religious...The Brotherhood of the Holy ShroudFictionJulia Navarro In Julia Navarro's The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud, the sanctity of an Italian cathedral is compromised by an underground religious...2007-01-09Bantam
Genre: Fiction; Author: Julia Navarro; Publisher: Bantam
Posted January 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!