More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver’s second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured into a basement cell in ”Afraid” — which comes with an afterword for aspiring writers (”Yes, make your readers’ palms sweat,” Deaver urges, but ”make sure they climb off the roller coaster unharmed”). In ”Copycat,” an author struggling with writer’s block resorts to committing crime to generate material. Deaver’s brief stories don’t develop many characters — except for crime-fighting duo Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs. Instead, his focus is on the buildup of suspense before the often-elaborate reveal.
More Twisted More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver's second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured...More TwistedFictionJeffery Deaver More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver's second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured...2007-01-09Simon & Schuster
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jeffery Deaver; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted January 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- VMAs ratings drop with Miley Cyrus
- Nicholas Hoult will play J.D. Salinger in a new biopic
- Stephen Amell says he'll go for Prime Minister if Kanye West runs for president
- 'SNL': See brand new footage from 'Hobbit Office' starring Martin Freeman
- Kanye as VMAs host in 2016? Not so fast
- Emmys secret ballot: How will Hollywood vote?
- This is what stars looked like at their first VMAs
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!