More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver’s second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured into a basement cell in ”Afraid” — which comes with an afterword for aspiring writers (”Yes, make your readers’ palms sweat,” Deaver urges, but ”make sure they climb off the roller coaster unharmed”). In ”Copycat,” an author struggling with writer’s block resorts to committing crime to generate material. Deaver’s brief stories don’t develop many characters — except for crime-fighting duo Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs. Instead, his focus is on the buildup of suspense before the often-elaborate reveal.
More Twisted More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver's second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured...More TwistedFictionJeffery Deaver More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver's second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured...2007-01-09Simon & Schuster
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jeffery Deaver; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Orlando Jones departs 'Sleepy Hollow': What's next for the show?
- Geekly Mailbag: Let's talk about Black Widow
- Sofia Vergara speaks about her embryo lawsuit with ex Nick Loeb
- 'New Girl': Are Nick and Jess still hooking up?
- 'You're the Worst' casts former 'Office' actor for season 2
- 'Suicide Squad': Who's who in the new cast photo
- EW's 2015 Baby Power List: Princess Charlotte debuts at...?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!