More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver’s second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured into a basement cell in ”Afraid” — which comes with an afterword for aspiring writers (”Yes, make your readers’ palms sweat,” Deaver urges, but ”make sure they climb off the roller coaster unharmed”). In ”Copycat,” an author struggling with writer’s block resorts to committing crime to generate material. Deaver’s brief stories don’t develop many characters — except for crime-fighting duo Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs. Instead, his focus is on the buildup of suspense before the often-elaborate reveal.
More Twisted More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver's second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured...More TwistedFictionJeffery Deaver More Twisted, Jeffery Deaver's second montage of quick-hit, CSI-style tales, is both formulaic and creative. A woman is lured...2007-01-09Simon & Schuster
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jeffery Deaver; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted January 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama roasts Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch