As a spazzy amnesiac who wakes up next to a corpse and a briefcase full of hundreds, Cedric the Entertainer informs Lucy Liu he must be ”some kind of black Rambo.” ”Okay, Blambo,” retorts Liu, acing the punchline. It earns a smile. It’s also in the trailer, leaving nothing left for a very dumb movie. Get Lucy Liu better roles! And get Cedric a musical so he can dance: He’s got a lot of promise as a silent comedian. The way he moves his body in a Dutch clogging number is Code Name: The Cleaner’s only signal of hope for the future.
(Code Name: The Cleaner: Annabel Reyes)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Cedric the Entertainer, Lucy Liu; Director: Les Mayfield; Author: Robert Adetuyi, George Gallo; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'
- 'Homeland' cast, creator tease Quinn's fate, return of past characters
- 'American Psycho' dead on Broadway
- T.I. responds to Irving Plaza shooting: 'My heart is heavy today'
- Megalyn Echikunwoke, Eden Sher to star in dance comedy 'Step Sisters'
- Todd Solondz's 'Wiener-Dog' has many owners in dark comedy's trailer
- Cameron Crowe's new 'Roadies' trailer has stalkers, knock-out punches