As a spazzy amnesiac who wakes up next to a corpse and a briefcase full of hundreds, Cedric the Entertainer informs Lucy Liu he must be ”some kind of black Rambo.” ”Okay, Blambo,” retorts Liu, acing the punchline. It earns a smile. It’s also in the trailer, leaving nothing left for a very dumb movie. Get Lucy Liu better roles! And get Cedric a musical so he can dance: He’s got a lot of promise as a silent comedian. The way he moves his body in a Dutch clogging number is Code Name: The Cleaner’s only signal of hope for the future.
(Code Name: The Cleaner: Annabel Reyes)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Cedric the Entertainer, Lucy Liu; Director: Les Mayfield; Author: Robert Adetuyi, George Gallo; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release