As a spazzy amnesiac who wakes up next to a corpse and a briefcase full of hundreds, Cedric the Entertainer informs Lucy Liu he must be ”some kind of black Rambo.” ”Okay, Blambo,” retorts Liu, acing the punchline. It earns a smile. It’s also in the trailer, leaving nothing left for a very dumb movie. Get Lucy Liu better roles! And get Cedric a musical so he can dance: He’s got a lot of promise as a silent comedian. The way he moves his body in a Dutch clogging number is Code Name: The Cleaner’s only signal of hope for the future.
(Code Name: The Cleaner: Annabel Reyes)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Cedric the Entertainer, Lucy Liu; Director: Les Mayfield; Author: Robert Adetuyi, George Gallo; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!