As a spazzy amnesiac who wakes up next to a corpse and a briefcase full of hundreds, Cedric the Entertainer informs Lucy Liu he must be ”some kind of black Rambo.” ”Okay, Blambo,” retorts Liu, acing the punchline. It earns a smile. It’s also in the trailer, leaving nothing left for a very dumb movie. Get Lucy Liu better roles! And get Cedric a musical so he can dance: He’s got a lot of promise as a silent comedian. The way he moves his body in a Dutch clogging number is Code Name: The Cleaner’s only signal of hope for the future.
(Code Name: The Cleaner: Annabel Reyes)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Cedric the Entertainer, Lucy Liu; Director: Les Mayfield; Author: Robert Adetuyi, George Gallo; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!