As a spazzy amnesiac who wakes up next to a corpse and a briefcase full of hundreds, Cedric the Entertainer informs Lucy Liu he must be ”some kind of black Rambo.” ”Okay, Blambo,” retorts Liu, acing the punchline. It earns a smile. It’s also in the trailer, leaving nothing left for a very dumb movie. Get Lucy Liu better roles! And get Cedric a musical so he can dance: He’s got a lot of promise as a silent comedian. The way he moves his body in a Dutch clogging number is Code Name: The Cleaner’s only signal of hope for the future.
(Code Name: The Cleaner: Annabel Reyes)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Cedric the Entertainer, Lucy Liu; Director: Les Mayfield; Author: Robert Adetuyi, George Gallo; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake