As a spazzy amnesiac who wakes up next to a corpse and a briefcase full of hundreds, Cedric the Entertainer informs Lucy Liu he must be ”some kind of black Rambo.” ”Okay, Blambo,” retorts Liu, acing the punchline. It earns a smile. It’s also in the trailer, leaving nothing left for a very dumb movie. Get Lucy Liu better roles! And get Cedric a musical so he can dance: He’s got a lot of promise as a silent comedian. The way he moves his body in a Dutch clogging number is Code Name: The Cleaner’s only signal of hope for the future.
(Code Name: The Cleaner: Annabel Reyes)
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Cedric the Entertainer, Lucy Liu; Director: Les Mayfield; Author: Robert Adetuyi, George Gallo; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum