Our good-health wishes go out to Marcia Cross, who, according to the Associated Press, is under doctor’s orders to stay home in bed during the final stages of her pregnancy. The producers of Desperate Housewives, TVGuide.com reports, are accommodating Cross by shooting her scenes at her own house, remodeling the interior of her home to look like Bree’s well-appointed house. That’s certainly a clever solution, but I wonder if ABC has missed an opportunity for Sunday-night synergy here. That is, they should have farmed the remodeling job out to the Extreme Makeover crew and filmed the process. And why stop there? They could do something similar for any star who’s confined to quarters because he or she is, say, in jail, or in rehab, or under house arrest, or merely avoiding the paparazzi. It’s a win-win, folks!
Posted January 10 2007 — 11:58 PM EST
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale