The latest arcane, MTV-icized group activity to receive the loud, busy, generic music-video treatment is stepping, a choreographic tradition of Greek campus life at black universities. In Stomp the Yard, one handsome former L.A. tough (Columbus Short) finds his feet — and a welcome reason to take off his shirt — among other similarly shirtless-worthy Atlanta fraternity brothers. The shallow frat-on-frat rivalry and the poor-boy-loves-rich-girl subplot don’t mean a thing. But the stepping does got that swing. C+
(Stomp the Yard: Alfeo Dixon)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Meagan Good, Columbus Short; Director: Sylvain White; Author: Robert Adetuyi; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted January 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release
- Britney Spears cameos at Kate Hudson's game night
- Selma Blair on her 'American Crime Story' role: ‘I happen to love Kris Jenner’