The latest arcane, MTV-icized group activity to receive the loud, busy, generic music-video treatment is stepping, a choreographic tradition of Greek campus life at black universities. In Stomp the Yard, one handsome former L.A. tough (Columbus Short) finds his feet — and a welcome reason to take off his shirt — among other similarly shirtless-worthy Atlanta fraternity brothers. The shallow frat-on-frat rivalry and the poor-boy-loves-rich-girl subplot don’t mean a thing. But the stepping does got that swing. C+
(Stomp the Yard: Alfeo Dixon)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Meagan Good, Columbus Short; Director: Sylvain White; Author: Robert Adetuyi; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted January 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!