When word recently leaked that Lost had cast actress Bai Ling for a three-episode stint starting in February, even loyalists began to wonder whether Lost had finally lost it. It seems that Ling — known for her work in Red Corner — doesn’t exactly command much respect. Wrote one poster at thetailsection.com: ”I kind of view [her] casting as a jump the shark situation. I hope I’m wrong.” Well…you are! At least partially. Contrary to reports, the actress will appear in just one episode of the ABC drama — flashbacks in which the secret of Jack’s (Matthew Fox) made-in-Thailand tattoos will be revealed. Moreover, Lost thinks Bai Ling is awesome! ”She’s off-the-charts sexy and a damn good actress,” says exec producer Carlton Cuse. On the other hand, Losties seemed rather high (and then very, very hungry) about another bit of quirky casting: Cheech Marin, who is somewhat short, has been tapped to play father to Hurley, who is somewhat…not short. ”He’s quite a good actor,” says Cuse, who used to be Marin’s boss on Nash Bridges. ”People only think of him as the doobie-smoking ’70s dude. But he played Tyne Daly’s love interest in Judging Amy. C’mon!” While we’re being wacky: How about asking Don Johnson to match stubbled cheeks and drawls with Sawyer? ”No,” says Cuse. See? Those Lost guys do know what they’re doing.
Posted January 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Behold! The original 6 survivors of 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller talks likes and dislikes and the best advice he got from David Fincher
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle pleads guilty to drunk driving
- John Oliver: 'Valentine's Day is a nightmare'
- How the Spice Girls gave Adele the 'hope' to pursue a career in music
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss on that shocking Annalise news
- No Doubt is filling Gwen Stefani's spot with AFI frontman Davey Havok