Pit a reptile the size of a school bus against an American TV-news crew in war-scarred Burundi, and you get Hotel Rwanaconda, a horror movie interested in cheesy scares and drawing attention to the plight of poor Africans. (So no, Primeval is not the ”serial killer” film promised by the ads.) Costarring a giant CG crocodile, the movie cribs from the Jaws playbook, but it’s more polished and ambitious — albeit misguidedly so — than your average genre howler. And it has Prison Break’s Dominic Purcell, who favors open-chested shirts in this role, too.
(Primeval: Joe Alblas)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Orlando Jones, Dominic Purcell; Director: Michael Katleman; Author: John D. Brancato, Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Hollywood Pictures
Posted January 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!