Pit a reptile the size of a school bus against an American TV-news crew in war-scarred Burundi, and you get Hotel Rwanaconda, a horror movie interested in cheesy scares and drawing attention to the plight of poor Africans. (So no, Primeval is not the ”serial killer” film promised by the ads.) Costarring a giant CG crocodile, the movie cribs from the Jaws playbook, but it’s more polished and ambitious — albeit misguidedly so — than your average genre howler. And it has Prison Break’s Dominic Purcell, who favors open-chested shirts in this role, too.
(Primeval: Joe Alblas)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Orlando Jones, Dominic Purcell; Director: Michael Katleman; Author: John D. Brancato, Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Hollywood Pictures
Posted January 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...