Pit a reptile the size of a school bus against an American TV-news crew in war-scarred Burundi, and you get Hotel Rwanaconda, a horror movie interested in cheesy scares and drawing attention to the plight of poor Africans. (So no, Primeval is not the ”serial killer” film promised by the ads.) Costarring a giant CG crocodile, the movie cribs from the Jaws playbook, but it’s more polished and ambitious — albeit misguidedly so — than your average genre howler. And it has Prison Break’s Dominic Purcell, who favors open-chested shirts in this role, too.
(Primeval: Joe Alblas)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Orlando Jones, Dominic Purcell; Director: Michael Katleman; Author: John D. Brancato, Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Hollywood Pictures
Posted January 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Titanfall 2's launch trailer lands with a big 'Bang Bang'
- Lady Gaga to perform at the 2016 American Music Awards
- 'This Is Us' star on tonight's ep: 'We meet Jack in the present day'
- Chris Martin sings with kids Apple and Moses at charity event
- Watch the trailer for 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- Michael Phelps brings his Phelps Face to new 'Call of Duty' trailer
- ABC cuts 'Notorious' order, possibly first canceled show