Pit a reptile the size of a school bus against an American TV-news crew in war-scarred Burundi, and you get Hotel Rwanaconda, a horror movie interested in cheesy scares and drawing attention to the plight of poor Africans. (So no, Primeval is not the ”serial killer” film promised by the ads.) Costarring a giant CG crocodile, the movie cribs from the Jaws playbook, but it’s more polished and ambitious — albeit misguidedly so — than your average genre howler. And it has Prison Break’s Dominic Purcell, who favors open-chested shirts in this role, too.
(Primeval: Joe Alblas)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Orlando Jones, Dominic Purcell; Director: Michael Katleman; Author: John D. Brancato, Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Hollywood Pictures
Posted January 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996