Pit a reptile the size of a school bus against an American TV-news crew in war-scarred Burundi, and you get Hotel Rwanaconda, a horror movie interested in cheesy scares and drawing attention to the plight of poor Africans. (So no, Primeval is not the ”serial killer” film promised by the ads.) Costarring a giant CG crocodile, the movie cribs from the Jaws playbook, but it’s more polished and ambitious — albeit misguidedly so — than your average genre howler. And it has Prison Break’s Dominic Purcell, who favors open-chested shirts in this role, too.
(Primeval: Joe Alblas)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Orlando Jones, Dominic Purcell; Director: Michael Katleman; Author: John D. Brancato, Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 01/12/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Hollywood Pictures
Posted January 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!