Many recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts’ gay boyfriend in 1997’s My Best Friend’s Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion of his youth in Paris, hanging out with an abusive transsexual named Delphine? Or that he got the normally serious Colin Firth stoned on the set of 2002’s The Importance of Being Earnest? Interesting anecdotes like these make Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins worthwhile, despite some tedious and overwritten spots. (At one point, Everett waxes on about rocker Bob Geldof’s, um, endowment.) But fans of a nice piece of bitchy gossip will want to try on these Skins. B
Red Carpets and Other Banana SkinsMany recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts' gay boyfriend in 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion...Red Carpets and Other Banana SkinsMemoir, NonfictionRupert EverettMany recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts' gay boyfriend in 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion...2007-01-22Warner Books
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Rupert Everett; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted January 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hear The Chainsmokers' mellow new song featuring Phoebe Ryan
- Allison Williams shares emotional goodbye to 'Girls' and Lena Dunham
- 'Hamilton' star Leslie Odom, Jr. to release holiday album
- Reviews are in for 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Grumpy Cat to join Broadway's 'Cats'
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kid Caleb McLaughlin in 'New Edition Story'
- Big bad revealed for 'Arrow'-'Flash'-'Supergirl'-'Legends' crossover