Many recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts’ gay boyfriend in 1997’s My Best Friend’s Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion of his youth in Paris, hanging out with an abusive transsexual named Delphine? Or that he got the normally serious Colin Firth stoned on the set of 2002’s The Importance of Being Earnest? Interesting anecdotes like these make Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins worthwhile, despite some tedious and overwritten spots. (At one point, Everett waxes on about rocker Bob Geldof’s, um, endowment.) But fans of a nice piece of bitchy gossip will want to try on these Skins. B
Red Carpets and Other Banana SkinsMany recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts' gay boyfriend in 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion...Red Carpets and Other Banana SkinsMemoir, NonfictionRupert EverettMany recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts' gay boyfriend in 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion...2007-01-22Warner Books
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Rupert Everett; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted January 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!