Many recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts’ gay boyfriend in 1997’s My Best Friend’s Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion of his youth in Paris, hanging out with an abusive transsexual named Delphine? Or that he got the normally serious Colin Firth stoned on the set of 2002’s The Importance of Being Earnest? Interesting anecdotes like these make Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins worthwhile, despite some tedious and overwritten spots. (At one point, Everett waxes on about rocker Bob Geldof’s, um, endowment.) But fans of a nice piece of bitchy gossip will want to try on these Skins. B
Red Carpets and Other Banana SkinsMany recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts' gay boyfriend in 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion...Red Carpets and Other Banana SkinsMemoir, NonfictionRupert EverettMany recognize Rupert Everett as Julia Roberts' gay boyfriend in 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding. But did you know that Everett spent a portion...2007-01-22Warner Books
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Rupert Everett; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted January 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!