Like a slasher-film psycho, John Ryder (Sean Bean), the homicidal road-rage terrorist who haunts a couple of college kids (Zachary Knighton and Sophia Bush) heading off for spring break, can show up anytime, anywhere: in a family’s station wagon, in a police interrogation room (how the heck did he get in there?), in your dreams. That’s the reason The Hitcher, a remake of the 1986 suspense ”classic,” is as processed and hoot-worthy as the original. Sean Bean, in the role Rutger Hauer sneered through, has a toxic charm, but about all the movie is effective at is insulting the audience.
(The Hitcher: Van Redin)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush; Director: Dave Meyers; Author: Eric Bernt, Jake Wade Wall; Release Date Wide: 01/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'