Like a slasher-film psycho, John Ryder (Sean Bean), the homicidal road-rage terrorist who haunts a couple of college kids (Zachary Knighton and Sophia Bush) heading off for spring break, can show up anytime, anywhere: in a family’s station wagon, in a police interrogation room (how the heck did he get in there?), in your dreams. That’s the reason The Hitcher, a remake of the 1986 suspense ”classic,” is as processed and hoot-worthy as the original. Sean Bean, in the role Rutger Hauer sneered through, has a toxic charm, but about all the movie is effective at is insulting the audience.
(The Hitcher: Van Redin)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush; Director: Dave Meyers; Author: Eric Bernt, Jake Wade Wall; Release Date Wide: 01/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal return: 'the bad idea morphs into something really cool'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!