Like a slasher-film psycho, John Ryder (Sean Bean), the homicidal road-rage terrorist who haunts a couple of college kids (Zachary Knighton and Sophia Bush) heading off for spring break, can show up anytime, anywhere: in a family’s station wagon, in a police interrogation room (how the heck did he get in there?), in your dreams. That’s the reason The Hitcher, a remake of the 1986 suspense ”classic,” is as processed and hoot-worthy as the original. Sean Bean, in the role Rutger Hauer sneered through, has a toxic charm, but about all the movie is effective at is insulting the audience.
(The Hitcher: Van Redin)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush; Director: Dave Meyers; Author: Eric Bernt, Jake Wade Wall; Release Date Wide: 01/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' takes the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100
- Suge Knight wouldn't leave his cell for robbery hearing
- MTV's 'Catfish' subject arrested for 'terroristic threats'
- Tracy Morgan settles with Walmart
- '19 Kids and Counting' loses more ads
- John Legend and Meghan Trainor go a cappella in new 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You' clip
- Jason Reitman will write, direct 'Beekle' for DreamWorks Animation