Like a slasher-film psycho, John Ryder (Sean Bean), the homicidal road-rage terrorist who haunts a couple of college kids (Zachary Knighton and Sophia Bush) heading off for spring break, can show up anytime, anywhere: in a family’s station wagon, in a police interrogation room (how the heck did he get in there?), in your dreams. That’s the reason The Hitcher, a remake of the 1986 suspense ”classic,” is as processed and hoot-worthy as the original. Sean Bean, in the role Rutger Hauer sneered through, has a toxic charm, but about all the movie is effective at is insulting the audience.
(The Hitcher: Van Redin)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush; Director: Dave Meyers; Author: Eric Bernt, Jake Wade Wall; Release Date Wide: 01/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jimmy Kimmel unveils new 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- Jason Sudeikis plays Drinko with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!