Like a slasher-film psycho, John Ryder (Sean Bean), the homicidal road-rage terrorist who haunts a couple of college kids (Zachary Knighton and Sophia Bush) heading off for spring break, can show up anytime, anywhere: in a family’s station wagon, in a police interrogation room (how the heck did he get in there?), in your dreams. That’s the reason The Hitcher, a remake of the 1986 suspense ”classic,” is as processed and hoot-worthy as the original. Sean Bean, in the role Rutger Hauer sneered through, has a toxic charm, but about all the movie is effective at is insulting the audience.
(The Hitcher: Van Redin)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush; Director: Dave Meyers; Author: Eric Bernt, Jake Wade Wall; Release Date Wide: 01/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lenny Kravitz & James Franco rock out in the new 'Guitar Hero Live' commercial
- Lady Gaga's 'AHS: Hotel' role made her feel 'so alive'
- J.K. Rowling debunks 'Harry Potter' fan theories on Twitter
- Nicolas Cage doesn’t regret turning down 'Lord of the Rings' role
- Why Kate Winslet was nervous to meet the real Joanna Hoffman for 'Steve Jobs'
- See Taylor Swift and Charli XCX perform 'Boom Clap' in Toronto
- See 'The Night Before' stars spoof 'Big' in new clip