Like a slasher-film psycho, John Ryder (Sean Bean), the homicidal road-rage terrorist who haunts a couple of college kids (Zachary Knighton and Sophia Bush) heading off for spring break, can show up anytime, anywhere: in a family’s station wagon, in a police interrogation room (how the heck did he get in there?), in your dreams. That’s the reason The Hitcher, a remake of the 1986 suspense ”classic,” is as processed and hoot-worthy as the original. Sean Bean, in the role Rutger Hauer sneered through, has a toxic charm, but about all the movie is effective at is insulting the audience.
(The Hitcher: Van Redin)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush; Director: Dave Meyers; Author: Eric Bernt, Jake Wade Wall; Release Date Wide: 01/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- British royals share adorable new photos of Princess Charlotte
- See Britney Spears dance to Adele's 'Hello'
- Box office report: 'Mockingjay' tops Thanksgiving weekend
- Jennifer Lawrence will keep working with David O. Russell until he dies
- Zoe Saldana goes green (again) for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Chelsea Peretti and Jordan Peele are engaged
- Adele’s '25' smashes records with first-week album sales