Like a slasher-film psycho, John Ryder (Sean Bean), the homicidal road-rage terrorist who haunts a couple of college kids (Zachary Knighton and Sophia Bush) heading off for spring break, can show up anytime, anywhere: in a family’s station wagon, in a police interrogation room (how the heck did he get in there?), in your dreams. That’s the reason The Hitcher, a remake of the 1986 suspense ”classic,” is as processed and hoot-worthy as the original. Sean Bean, in the role Rutger Hauer sneered through, has a toxic charm, but about all the movie is effective at is insulting the audience.
(The Hitcher: Van Redin)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush; Director: Dave Meyers; Author: Eric Bernt, Jake Wade Wall; Release Date Wide: 01/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pentatonix announce 2016 world tour dates
- 'Finding Dory' plays hide-and-seek in four new posters
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See 'Arrow' star Colton Haynes on 'The Grinder'
- 'Final Fantasy IX' now available on mobile devices
- 'The Division' open beta coming to Xbox One, PS4, PC
- 'Star Trek' TV series signs Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- See Taylor Swift go behind the scenes of 'Out of the Woods' video