American Idol unveiled its first sure-fire top-24 contender of Season 6 during last night’s Memphis audition episode – in the form of burly, alarmingly bearded Jason “Sundance” Head, who delivered a scorching rendition of “Stormy Monday.” Apparently, Sundance inherited his big voice from his father, ’60s hitmaker Roy Head, but wasn’t so lucky when it came to getting his dad’s dancing genes; indeed, the awkward shuffle Sundance performed last night is clearly unrelated to the wicked moves on display in this YouTube performance clip of his dad’s smash “Treat Her Right.” Daddy Head is so fly, in fact, that I’m totally stealing his fall-to-the-floor-on-your-side move the next time I do karaoke. What a hepcat!
Posted January 24 2007 — 7:56 PM EST
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!