American Idol unveiled its first sure-fire top-24 contender of Season 6 during last night’s Memphis audition episode – in the form of burly, alarmingly bearded Jason “Sundance” Head, who delivered a scorching rendition of “Stormy Monday.” Apparently, Sundance inherited his big voice from his father, ’60s hitmaker Roy Head, but wasn’t so lucky when it came to getting his dad’s dancing genes; indeed, the awkward shuffle Sundance performed last night is clearly unrelated to the wicked moves on display in this YouTube performance clip of his dad’s smash “Treat Her Right.” Daddy Head is so fly, in fact, that I’m totally stealing his fall-to-the-floor-on-your-side move the next time I do karaoke. What a hepcat!
Posted January 24 2007 — 7:56 PM EST
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- Channing Tatum is (still) doing the 'Gambit' movie
- Simon Pegg ranks all the 'Star Wars' films in 60 seconds
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!