American Idol unveiled its first sure-fire top-24 contender of Season 6 during last night’s Memphis audition episode – in the form of burly, alarmingly bearded Jason “Sundance” Head, who delivered a scorching rendition of “Stormy Monday.” Apparently, Sundance inherited his big voice from his father, ’60s hitmaker Roy Head, but wasn’t so lucky when it came to getting his dad’s dancing genes; indeed, the awkward shuffle Sundance performed last night is clearly unrelated to the wicked moves on display in this YouTube performance clip of his dad’s smash “Treat Her Right.” Daddy Head is so fly, in fact, that I’m totally stealing his fall-to-the-floor-on-your-side move the next time I do karaoke. What a hepcat!
Posted January 24 2007 — 7:56 PM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's biggest surprises
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit