American Idol unveiled its first sure-fire top-24 contender of Season 6 during last night’s Memphis audition episode – in the form of burly, alarmingly bearded Jason “Sundance” Head, who delivered a scorching rendition of “Stormy Monday.” Apparently, Sundance inherited his big voice from his father, ’60s hitmaker Roy Head, but wasn’t so lucky when it came to getting his dad’s dancing genes; indeed, the awkward shuffle Sundance performed last night is clearly unrelated to the wicked moves on display in this YouTube performance clip of his dad’s smash “Treat Her Right.” Daddy Head is so fly, in fact, that I’m totally stealing his fall-to-the-floor-on-your-side move the next time I do karaoke. What a hepcat!
Posted January 24 2007 — 7:56 PM EST
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel