American Idol unveiled its first sure-fire top-24 contender of Season 6 during last night’s Memphis audition episode – in the form of burly, alarmingly bearded Jason “Sundance” Head, who delivered a scorching rendition of “Stormy Monday.” Apparently, Sundance inherited his big voice from his father, ’60s hitmaker Roy Head, but wasn’t so lucky when it came to getting his dad’s dancing genes; indeed, the awkward shuffle Sundance performed last night is clearly unrelated to the wicked moves on display in this YouTube performance clip of his dad’s smash “Treat Her Right.” Daddy Head is so fly, in fact, that I’m totally stealing his fall-to-the-floor-on-your-side move the next time I do karaoke. What a hepcat!
Posted January 24 2007 — 7:56 PM EST
- Bobby Cannavale really didn't want to be in 'Snakes on a Plane'
- Pick your perfect rom-com boyfriend
- How the 'Fuller House' set came to life
- Meet the new suitor of 'UnREAL,' played by B.J. Britt — exclusive
- Emily Blunt saddles up for 'My Little Pony' movie
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Scandal' star Katie Lowes on THAT sex scene
- Watch Steve Angello's surreal new 'Tiger' video