Band of Angels is an often absurd Civil War-era romantic tale of a white woman (Yvonne De Carlo) sold into slavery and the plantation owner who buys her finds Gable back in Gone With the Wind form as the handsome, roguish Southerner whose livelihood stands on the edge of extinction. While the film’s attempt to sell Gable as a kindly ”massa” verges on offensive, Poitier (as his educated ward) possesses a racial rage that presages the turmoil of the 1960s. Sadly, the film’s neutered conclusion reflects a less sophisticated time. EXTRAS None.
Band of Angels Band of Angels is an often absurd Civil War-era romantic tale of a white woman (Yvonne De Carlo) sold into slavery and the plantation...Band of AngelsRomanceIvan Goff, Ben RobertsPT127MUnrated Band of Angels is an often absurd Civil War-era romantic tale of a white woman (Yvonne De Carlo) sold into slavery and the plantation...2007-01-26
Genre: Romance; Starring: Yvonne DeCarlo, Clark Gable, Sidney Poitier; Director: Raoul Walsh; Author: Ivan Goff, Ben Roberts; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 127; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!