Pfeiffer warbled ”Makin’ Whoopee” on a piano and writhed into the hearts of men everywhere, but this superb debut from Steve Kloves — the screenwriter behind Wonder Boys and the Harry Potter series — has much more going for it than her sultry, Oscar-nominated turn. The Fabulous Baker Boys is the tale of a pair of has-been lounge-lizard siblings (the brothers Bridges, both excellent) taking on a feisty chanteuse is the kind of bluesy romantic drama we rarely see anymore; nearly every scene is a jazz-tinged, virtuoso actors’ duet. EXTRAS None.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Beau Bridges, Jeff Bridges, Michelle Pfeiffer; Director: Steven Kloves; Author: Steven Kloves; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Box office report: 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' fall flat
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller bring 'one or two of the craziest ideas we've ever had' to Broadway
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!