In Ali Liebegott’s The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself. She falls for her philosophy prof, follows her to San Francisco, and competes with a parade of male and female lovers. Fed up with the bi/lesbian drama, she moves out and gets a job at International House of Pancakes, where her adventures — which may turn you off flapjacks for good — become a fictionalized version of Barbara Ehrenreich’s Nickel and Dimed. Francesca’s reminders that she’s ”writing” the book can get annoying, but her story is a vivid reminder of how painful diner meals and coming out can be. B
The IHOP Papers In Ali Liebegott's The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself....The IHOP PapersFictionAli Liebegott In Ali Liebegott's The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself....2007-01-26Carroll & Graf
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ali Liebegott; Status: In Season; Publisher: Carroll & Graf
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fall 2015 TV pilots: Updated full list
- Kanye West tweets apologies to Beck and Bruno Mars
- 'Agents of SHIELD' unveils new poster art: Here's 'Aftershocks'
- Elizabeth Hurley gets slap happy in 'Royals' clip: First Look
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller Wake halts production due to lack of funding
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in new issue of comic book
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for Amelia and Owen?
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!