In Ali Liebegott’s The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself. She falls for her philosophy prof, follows her to San Francisco, and competes with a parade of male and female lovers. Fed up with the bi/lesbian drama, she moves out and gets a job at International House of Pancakes, where her adventures — which may turn you off flapjacks for good — become a fictionalized version of Barbara Ehrenreich’s Nickel and Dimed. Francesca’s reminders that she’s ”writing” the book can get annoying, but her story is a vivid reminder of how painful diner meals and coming out can be. B
The IHOP Papers In Ali Liebegott's The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself....The IHOP PapersFictionAli Liebegott In Ali Liebegott's The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself....2007-01-26Carroll & Graf
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ali Liebegott; Publisher: Carroll & Graf
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!