In Ali Liebegott’s The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself. She falls for her philosophy prof, follows her to San Francisco, and competes with a parade of male and female lovers. Fed up with the bi/lesbian drama, she moves out and gets a job at International House of Pancakes, where her adventures — which may turn you off flapjacks for good — become a fictionalized version of Barbara Ehrenreich’s Nickel and Dimed. Francesca’s reminders that she’s ”writing” the book can get annoying, but her story is a vivid reminder of how painful diner meals and coming out can be. B
The IHOP Papers In Ali Liebegott's The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself....The IHOP PapersFictionAli Liebegott In Ali Liebegott's The IHOP Papers, Francesca, a 20-year-old virgin, deals with coming out (and everything else) by cutting herself....2007-01-26Carroll & Graf
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ali Liebegott; Publisher: Carroll & Graf
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Samwell Tarly's brother
- Idris Elba prepares child soldiers for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!