Restored and rereleased, this fascinating 1962 black-and-white Italian feature doesn’t just cast its shadow over The Godfather. It captures the haunting fact that no man is born a mobster. Alberto Sordi plays Nino, a genial Fiat-factory foreman who takes his family on vacation to his native Sicily and winds up carrying out a mission for the local don.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Alberto Sordi, Ugo Attanasio, Norma Bengell; Director: Alberto Lattuada; Author: Rafael Azcona, Marco Ferreri, Agenore Incrocci, Furio Scarpelli; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Rialto Pictures
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary