Restored and rereleased, this fascinating 1962 black-and-white Italian feature doesn’t just cast its shadow over The Godfather. It captures the haunting fact that no man is born a mobster. Alberto Sordi plays Nino, a genial Fiat-factory foreman who takes his family on vacation to his native Sicily and winds up carrying out a mission for the local don.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Alberto Sordi, Ugo Attanasio, Norma Bengell; Director: Alberto Lattuada; Author: Rafael Azcona, Marco Ferreri, Agenore Incrocci, Furio Scarpelli; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Rialto Pictures
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt