In sweet ‘n’ sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ”weekly” (poverty) and ”hourly” (sex) while cleaning his family’s motel. When puberty hits, he turns not to his Chinese mom (who makes stereotypical cracks like ”You did not win, you got honorable mention”), but to a hard-partying motel guest for older-brotherly advice. EXTRAS A making-of captures the endearing indie’s pull-through camaraderie: propositioning extras in a supermarket, utilizing a generator during the 2003 blackout.
The Motel In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...The MotelComedy, DramaMichael Kang In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...2007-01-26
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Jeffrey Chyau; Director: Michael Kang; Author: Michael Kang; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2006
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jimmy Kimmel has the weirdest guess for Kanye's album title yet
- Lana Del Rey and Father John Misty debut sexy 'Freak' music video
- Aaron Sorkin adapting 'To Kill a Mockingbird' for Broadway
- Larry Wilmore debuts 'The People v. Bill Cosby' on 'The Nightly Show'
- Lucinda Williams: soundtrack of my life
- American Girl turns 30: A love letter To Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly
- The Eagles and Jackson Browne to pay tribute to Glenn Frey at Grammys