In sweet ‘n’ sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ”weekly” (poverty) and ”hourly” (sex) while cleaning his family’s motel. When puberty hits, he turns not to his Chinese mom (who makes stereotypical cracks like ”You did not win, you got honorable mention”), but to a hard-partying motel guest for older-brotherly advice. EXTRAS A making-of captures the endearing indie’s pull-through camaraderie: propositioning extras in a supermarket, utilizing a generator during the 2003 blackout.
The Motel In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...The MotelComedy, DramaMichael Kang In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...2007-01-26
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Jeffrey Chyau; Director: Michael Kang; Author: Michael Kang; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2006
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Eva Longoria to direct 'Jane the Virgin' episode
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with making false robbery report
- Terra Jolé from 'Little Women' joins 'Dancing With the Stars,' source says
- Ellie Goulding's ‘Still Falling for You’ video teases 'Bridget Jones’s Baby'
- Sarah Paulson in talks to join 'Ocean's Eight' ensemble
- Lemmy tribute statue unveiled at the Rainbow Room
- Oprah Winfrey: 'I could explain' election if I still had talk show