In sweet ‘n’ sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ”weekly” (poverty) and ”hourly” (sex) while cleaning his family’s motel. When puberty hits, he turns not to his Chinese mom (who makes stereotypical cracks like ”You did not win, you got honorable mention”), but to a hard-partying motel guest for older-brotherly advice. EXTRAS A making-of captures the endearing indie’s pull-through camaraderie: propositioning extras in a supermarket, utilizing a generator during the 2003 blackout.
The Motel In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...The MotelComedy, DramaMichael Kang In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...2007-01-26
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Jeffrey Chyau; Director: Michael Kang; Author: Michael Kang; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2006
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast