In sweet ‘n’ sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ”weekly” (poverty) and ”hourly” (sex) while cleaning his family’s motel. When puberty hits, he turns not to his Chinese mom (who makes stereotypical cracks like ”You did not win, you got honorable mention”), but to a hard-partying motel guest for older-brotherly advice. EXTRAS A making-of captures the endearing indie’s pull-through camaraderie: propositioning extras in a supermarket, utilizing a generator during the 2003 blackout.
The Motel In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...The MotelComedy, DramaMichael Kang In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...2007-01-26
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Jeffrey Chyau; Director: Michael Kang; Author: Michael Kang; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2006
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden explains why no one should deep-fry a turkey on Thanksgiving
- Is there a 'Blacklist' baby on the way?
- Gloria Estefan on Syrian refugees: 'There are ways to help this out'
- Adele announces European tour
- 'The Royals' exclusive: See Queen Helena's catfight with the new Prime Minister
- 8 Times 'Jessica Jones' Pulled Directly From Its Comic Book
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer