In sweet ‘n’ sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ”weekly” (poverty) and ”hourly” (sex) while cleaning his family’s motel. When puberty hits, he turns not to his Chinese mom (who makes stereotypical cracks like ”You did not win, you got honorable mention”), but to a hard-partying motel guest for older-brotherly advice. EXTRAS A making-of captures the endearing indie’s pull-through camaraderie: propositioning extras in a supermarket, utilizing a generator during the 2003 blackout.
The Motel In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...The MotelComedy, DramaMichael Kang In sweet 'n' sour comedy The Motel, 13-year-old Ernest Chin learns about ''weekly'' (poverty) and ''hourly'' (sex) while cleaning his...2007-01-26
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Jeffrey Chyau; Director: Michael Kang; Author: Michael Kang; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2006
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to Carmelo Anthony and Jesse Eisenberg read from 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!