”There was a great bit at the most beautiful location I’ve ever been to in my life,” says the 57-year-old star of Notes on a Scandal, who just won a Golden Globe for Gideon’s Daughter. ”It was a spit of sand, 200 or so yards long, off the island of Exuma [in the Bahamas], which is only visible two weeks of the year. You have to get a speedboat out to a rig, where you’ve got your costume, breakfast, and makeup, and then you get on another boat and you go out into the middle of the ocean. There were helicopter shots of Keira, Orlando, Johnny, and me, meeting for a big parley. You could see the horizon for 360 degrees, and the water looked like you could drink it. It was just one of those things where you think, ‘I’m supposed to be an actor.’ You’d never get to see it unless you were.”
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt