”There was a great bit at the most beautiful location I’ve ever been to in my life,” says the 57-year-old star of Notes on a Scandal, who just won a Golden Globe for Gideon’s Daughter. ”It was a spit of sand, 200 or so yards long, off the island of Exuma [in the Bahamas], which is only visible two weeks of the year. You have to get a speedboat out to a rig, where you’ve got your costume, breakfast, and makeup, and then you get on another boat and you go out into the middle of the ocean. There were helicopter shots of Keira, Orlando, Johnny, and me, meeting for a big parley. You could see the horizon for 360 degrees, and the water looked like you could drink it. It was just one of those things where you think, ‘I’m supposed to be an actor.’ You’d never get to see it unless you were.”
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!