Six years after her breakthrough hit, ”Heard It All Before,” Macy Gray’s ex-protégée has found a new mentor in Beyoncé’s dad/manager, Mathew Knowles. Sunshine Anderson lacks his daughter’s polish, but her raspy voice has a street-smart edge that evokes early Mary J. Blige. The first half of Sunshine at Midnight, her second album, is packed with rump-shakin’ fits of fury, while slow jams dominate the latter. Anderson’s talent is fully grown, but her infatuation with thugs — and their underwear — is a juvenile distraction. B
Sunshine at MidnightSix years after her breakthrough hit, ''Heard It All Before,'' Macy Gray's ex-protégée has found a new mentor in Beyoncé's dad/manager,...Sunshine at MidnightR&BSix years after her breakthrough hit, ''Heard It All Before,'' Macy Gray's ex-protégée has found a new mentor in Beyoncé's dad/manager,...2007-01-26
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Sunshine Anderson; Producer (group): Music World
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!