Six years after her breakthrough hit, ”Heard It All Before,” Macy Gray’s ex-protégée has found a new mentor in Beyoncé’s dad/manager, Mathew Knowles. Sunshine Anderson lacks his daughter’s polish, but her raspy voice has a street-smart edge that evokes early Mary J. Blige. The first half of Sunshine at Midnight, her second album, is packed with rump-shakin’ fits of fury, while slow jams dominate the latter. Anderson’s talent is fully grown, but her infatuation with thugs — and their underwear — is a juvenile distraction. B
Sunshine at MidnightSix years after her breakthrough hit, ''Heard It All Before,'' Macy Gray's ex-protégée has found a new mentor in Beyoncé's dad/manager,...Sunshine at MidnightR&BSix years after her breakthrough hit, ''Heard It All Before,'' Macy Gray's ex-protégée has found a new mentor in Beyoncé's dad/manager,...2007-01-26
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Sunshine Anderson; Producer (group): Music World
Posted January 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Magic Mike' star: 'Channing Tatum does not like me'