Even Christina Aguilera haters have to admit, the gal’s not your run-of-the-mill pop tart. MTV News is reporting that the third single from Xtina’s Back to Basics double disc will be “Candyman” (currently streaming here, at the artist’s MySpace page), and to my ears, it’s the romping-est, big-band-iest single by a popular singer since Madonna’s “Hanky Panky.” Not surprisingly, Xtina’s in great voice on this ode to a bad-boy beau, and if you close your eyes, you can practically picture a video filled with a rousing bouts of jitterbug and a flurry of jazz-hands. Oh, wait, the jazz-hands part is me, sitting here at the computer. And miracles do happen because my office door is closed. But speaking of miracles, does a track this retro stand a chance on the Billboard charts? My heart is hoping yes, but in a tuneless world where Gwen Stefani’s unspeakable “Wind It Up” can crack the top 10, my mind fears otherwise. What say you, PopWatchers?
Posted January 29 2007 — 6:25 PM EST
- Adele shares details about '25' outtakes
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki preview Sam finding his Castiel
- John Stamos congratulates Mary-Kate on her wedding with adorable throwback
- Glassjaw return with new song, reportedly from first album in 13 years
- Spike Lee: Donald Trump's push to close mosques 'like Hitler'
- Jerry Seinfeld announces Beacon Theater residency for 2016
- 'Inside Out,' 'The Good Dinosaur' lead Annie Awards nominations