If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald’s Rene Rodriguez. “As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom,” Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive – yet utterly cool.
Posted January 30 2007 — 4:07 PM EST
- Some banned 'Pokémon Go' accounts will be reinstated
- Phil Collins, Leslie Odom Jr. sing 'Easy Lover' at U.S. Open
- Colton Haynes accepts HRC award: 'Equality is our birthright'
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star Darrell Ward dies in plane crash
- Florida Georgia Line talk working with Tim McGraw for 'powerful' new video
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award