If you’ve already seen The Departed, then you absolutely must click here and check out a fascinating piece by the Miami Herald’s Rene Rodriguez. “As an homage to Howard Hawks’ classic 1932 Scarface, [director Martin] Scorsese scattered Xs throughout the movie (some more subtle than others), using them as a symbol of impending doom,” Rodriguez writes, before compiling a nifty set of screen grabs to prove said point. Scarily obsessive – yet utterly cool.
Posted January 30 2007 — 4:07 PM EST
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'