The war between werewolves and humans — not to mention the one between Prague location scouts and Bucharest location scouts — has claimed many victims, among them the potency of the metaphor. Werewolves are tame with overuse, and movies like Blood and Chocolate — where moments of inspiration vie in vain with Goth cliché — play like underlit Charmed reruns. Agnes Bruckner is the toothsome Juliet to Hugh Dancy’s human Romeo, but only Brothers of the Head’s Bryan Dick, as a prodigal wolf boy, seems truly lupine.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Agnes Bruckner, Hugh Dancy, Olivier Martinez; Director: Katja von Garnier; Author: Ehren Kruger, Christopher Landon; Release Date Wide: 01/26/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 31 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West shares Kim Kardashian's adorable birthday video during show
- Hillary Clinton to join Jennifer Lopez at her Miami concert
- WATCH: Jack Osbourne on his 'awkward, terrible years' on family's reality show
- Bianca Del Rio nabs comedy special, 'Not Today Bianca'
- NBC eyes 'Will & Grace' revival in wake of successful election short
- '24: Legacy' trailer views catching up with 'This Is Us' record
- Ang Lee on entering ‘unknown territory’ with high-tech 'Billy Lynn'