Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart’s thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the intricacies of, say, the Dutch tulip market are almost snooze-inducing — especially if you can’t tell a hyacinth from a hydrangea — things perk up when the author moves out of greenhouses and into florists. She visits small, well-kept-secret shops (like the NYC gem Flowers of the World) and high-volume discounters ($700 will get you an entire wedding’s worth of roses at Costco), and her cut-flower care guide is stem-tastic: To keep your Valentine’s Day bouquet fresh for days, add a pinch of crushed Viagra.
Flower Confidential Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...Flower ConfidentialNonfiction, Cooking/HomeAmy Stewart Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...2007-02-02Algonquin Books
Genre: Nonfiction, Cooking/Home; Author: Amy Stewart; Publisher: Algonquin Books
Posted February 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!