Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart’s thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the intricacies of, say, the Dutch tulip market are almost snooze-inducing — especially if you can’t tell a hyacinth from a hydrangea — things perk up when the author moves out of greenhouses and into florists. She visits small, well-kept-secret shops (like the NYC gem Flowers of the World) and high-volume discounters ($700 will get you an entire wedding’s worth of roses at Costco), and her cut-flower care guide is stem-tastic: To keep your Valentine’s Day bouquet fresh for days, add a pinch of crushed Viagra.
Flower Confidential Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...Flower ConfidentialNonfiction, Cooking/HomeAmy Stewart Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...2007-02-02Algonquin Books
Genre: Nonfiction, Cooking/Home; Author: Amy Stewart; Publisher: Algonquin Books
Posted February 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Sam Raimi on why he likes to torment Bruce Campbell
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- Part 2': Liam Hemsworth wears war paint in new Gale poster
- Ed Sullivan Theater gets temporary marquee in preparation for Stephen Colbert
- Alan Taylor says there are answers to 'Terminator Genisys' questions -- they're just not in the movie
- Miguel disses Frank Ocean... again
- Jack White's Dead Weather returns with new album
- Henry Cavill: ‘Batman v Superman' an 'expansion' of 'Man of Steel' world
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!