Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart’s thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the intricacies of, say, the Dutch tulip market are almost snooze-inducing — especially if you can’t tell a hyacinth from a hydrangea — things perk up when the author moves out of greenhouses and into florists. She visits small, well-kept-secret shops (like the NYC gem Flowers of the World) and high-volume discounters ($700 will get you an entire wedding’s worth of roses at Costco), and her cut-flower care guide is stem-tastic: To keep your Valentine’s Day bouquet fresh for days, add a pinch of crushed Viagra.
Flower Confidential Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...Flower ConfidentialNonfiction, Cooking/HomeAmy Stewart Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...2007-02-02Algonquin Books
Genre: Nonfiction, Cooking/Home; Author: Amy Stewart; Publisher: Algonquin Books
Posted February 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the trailer for 'Animorphs' author's next book, 'Crenshaw' -- exclusive
- 'Being Mary Jane' season 3 gets premiere date, adds guest stars Loretta Devine and Jill Scott
- See the new trailer for Eli Roth's 'Knock Knock'
- Listen to Jesse Eisenberg read about Carmelo Anthony in 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!