Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart’s thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the intricacies of, say, the Dutch tulip market are almost snooze-inducing — especially if you can’t tell a hyacinth from a hydrangea — things perk up when the author moves out of greenhouses and into florists. She visits small, well-kept-secret shops (like the NYC gem Flowers of the World) and high-volume discounters ($700 will get you an entire wedding’s worth of roses at Costco), and her cut-flower care guide is stem-tastic: To keep your Valentine’s Day bouquet fresh for days, add a pinch of crushed Viagra.
Flower Confidential Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...Flower ConfidentialNonfiction, Cooking/HomeAmy Stewart Flower Confidential, Amy Stewart's thorns-and-all exposé of the blossom business, is no scandal-packed dishfest. While the...2007-02-02Algonquin Books
Genre: Nonfiction, Cooking/Home; Author: Amy Stewart; Publisher: Algonquin Books
Posted February 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday