”There’s a lot of blah, blah, blah going on at a festival, and you can get lost in that,” says the 27-year-old Mexican actor. Not that he doesn’t enjoy a good party, but this year Luna found he’d rather hang out with the 10 friends and family members who accompanied him to Park City. In town for The Night Buffalo, a Spanish-language thriller about tortured teens in which he appears stark naked more often than not, Luna counted on his entourage to have his back when he felt vulnerable. ”Sundance is the perfect place to present a film,” says Luna, who also produced the still-seeking-U.S.-distribution Buffalo. ”But when you’re so exposed as we are in this film, you have to protect yourself.” Luckily, in Mister Lonely, an upcoming movie from Kids screenwriter Harmony Korine, Luna will be more covered — albeit in sequins, dark glasses, and a single white glove. ”I play an impersonator, a guy who doesn’t want to be himself and prefers to be Michael Jackson — which,” he adds, grinning, ”is even darker than playing Michael Jackson. Imagine that.”
Posted February 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony