Great voice — better than it sounded on American Idol — but wow, McPhee is working with some poor material. There’s the painful rapping on ”Open Toes,” which also has the dubious distinction of adding to the catalog of Idol Odes to Random Footwear (see Kellie Pickler’s ”Red High Heels”); the single ”Over It,” which sounds like a JoJo leftover; and some midtempo ballads that Mariah would’ve deemed too banal in 1991. Only on the Babyface-penned ”Everywhere I Go” does a snapshot of an intriguing Toni Braxton-esque pop star develop. C+
Katharine McPheeGreat voice — better than it sounded on American Idol — but wow, McPhee is working with some poor material. There's the painful...Katharine McPheePopGreat voice — better than it sounded on American Idol — but wow, McPhee is working with some poor material. There's the painful...2007-02-02
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Katharine McPhee; Producer (group): RCA
Posted February 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!