Riddle me this, PopWatchers: Who should play The Beast? Now don’t all answer “Paris Hilton!” at once, because I’m not speaking about Beelzebub, the role the socialite/”singer” was born to play, but rather, an entirely different beast – the titular protagonist of Fox’s upcoming comedy pilot about an animal-hating, womanizing veterinarian (based on a British series of the same name). It’s a promising premise, if you ask me, but only with the right actor in the role. I’d vote for handsome Aussie Simon Baker, who made sociopathy seem roguishly charming on CBS’ ill-fated Smith, and who has the talent and magnetism to carry a show on his own. (Here he is, second from left, with Smith accomplices Jonny Lee Miller, Franky G, and Ray Liotta.) Option B: How about Alias veteran David Anders? Admit it: Even when his Sark was involved in globe-endangering shenanigans, his lightly flirtatious vibe with Jennifer Garner’s Sydney was kinda irresistible. Or would you prefer someone else as The Beast? Quick! Before Fox casts Eric Balfour!
Posted February 2 2007 — 9:27 PM EST
- Emma Stone leads a very bad theatre showcase in 'SNL' sketch
- 'SNL' and Emma Stone give Christmas candles a holiday theme song
- 'Saturday Night Live' searches for Hillary Clinton in the woods
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big