In this golden-era-set whodunit/Ben Affleck resurrection vehicle, the star eloquently captures the shame and pain of TV’s first Superman, George Reeves, a B-level striver who allegedly committed suicide in 1959. Unfortunately, his downfall is paired with a quasiparallel, less engaging tale about a fictional detective (Adrien Brody) trying to crack the case. EXTRAS Director Allen Coulter offers a period-detail-packed commentary, including an anecdote (portrayed in the film) about chichi Ciro’s restaurant buzz-sawing a table to make room for a pregnant Rita Hayworth. B
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ben Affleck, Adrien Brody, Diane Lane, Bob Hoskins; Director: Allen Coulter; Author: Paul Bernbaum; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted February 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters