In this golden-era-set whodunit/Ben Affleck resurrection vehicle, the star eloquently captures the shame and pain of TV’s first Superman, George Reeves, a B-level striver who allegedly committed suicide in 1959. Unfortunately, his downfall is paired with a quasiparallel, less engaging tale about a fictional detective (Adrien Brody) trying to crack the case. EXTRAS Director Allen Coulter offers a period-detail-packed commentary, including an anecdote (portrayed in the film) about chichi Ciro’s restaurant buzz-sawing a table to make room for a pregnant Rita Hayworth. B
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ben Affleck, Adrien Brody, Diane Lane, Bob Hoskins; Director: Allen Coulter; Author: Paul Bernbaum; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted February 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hindsight canceled by VH1 (even though it was renewed)
- Listen to 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical' cast sing 'California'
- Ellen Page says it's 'borderline offensive' to call actors brave for playing LGBTQ roles
- How 'Hannibal' was 'The Sopranos'
- Everything you need to know about 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- Michael B. Jordan may bare his fangs in MGM's 'Blood Brothers'
- Aaron Tveit, Daniel Sunjata sum up 'Graceland' in 30 seconds
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!