In this golden-era-set whodunit/Ben Affleck resurrection vehicle, the star eloquently captures the shame and pain of TV’s first Superman, George Reeves, a B-level striver who allegedly committed suicide in 1959. Unfortunately, his downfall is paired with a quasiparallel, less engaging tale about a fictional detective (Adrien Brody) trying to crack the case. EXTRAS Director Allen Coulter offers a period-detail-packed commentary, including an anecdote (portrayed in the film) about chichi Ciro’s restaurant buzz-sawing a table to make room for a pregnant Rita Hayworth. B
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ben Affleck, Adrien Brody, Diane Lane, Bob Hoskins; Director: Allen Coulter; Author: Paul Bernbaum; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted February 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!