Madonna must be seen as well as heard, as the video portion of The Confessions Tour — Live From London’s CD/DVD combo proves. Whether emerging from a giant disco ball in an equestrian getup or hanging from a crucifix — no other performer has her knack for turning arena concerts into performance-art spectacle — Madge displays her genius for eye-popping (and scandal-seeking) tableaux. The CD is less engrossing, but it makes a good case for the 2005 Confessions… album — even the woozy Kabbalah anthem ”Isaac” holds up with Madge’s best. B+
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'