Unfairly dismissed as ”the other Truman Capote movie,” Infamous takes a different tack in portraying the story of his true-crime masterpiece In Cold Blood. The film’s first half, jaunty and lighthearted, focuses on his high-society Manhattan lifestyle; the second hypothesizes that Capote had an affair, emotional or otherwise, with murderer Perry Smith (Craig). EXTRAS Writer-director Douglas McGrath’s consistently informative commentary is full of Capote anecdotes, plus the tidbit that Mark Ruffalo, cast as Smith, dropped out at the last minute.
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Toby Jones, Daniel Craig, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver; Director: Douglas McGrath; Author: Douglas McGrath; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans wanted for allegedly attacking ex-fiance
- Kanye West tapped as a headliner for Atlanta's Birthday Bash 20
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' hits No. 1
- Suge Knight refuses to attend hearing
- MTV 'Catfish' subject arrested in D.C.
- Tracy Morgan settles with Walmart
- '19 Kids and Counting' loses more ads