Unfairly dismissed as ”the other Truman Capote movie,” Infamous takes a different tack in portraying the story of his true-crime masterpiece In Cold Blood. The film’s first half, jaunty and lighthearted, focuses on his high-society Manhattan lifestyle; the second hypothesizes that Capote had an affair, emotional or otherwise, with murderer Perry Smith (Craig). EXTRAS Writer-director Douglas McGrath’s consistently informative commentary is full of Capote anecdotes, plus the tidbit that Mark Ruffalo, cast as Smith, dropped out at the last minute.
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Toby Jones, Daniel Craig, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver; Director: Douglas McGrath; Author: Douglas McGrath; Release Date Limited: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- 'Batmetal Returns' to cover Dethklok, and destroy some of your favorite cartoon characters
- Cute 10-year-old girl stymies NFL stars with great questions
- Ansel Elgort to star in '80s CIA drama 'Code Name Veil'
- 'Concussion' director hits back at NYT 'hatchet-job'
- 'The 100' boss shares sneak peek at Clarke's new look
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!