Unfairly dismissed as ”the other Truman Capote movie,” Infamous takes a different tack in portraying the story of his true-crime masterpiece In Cold Blood. The film’s first half, jaunty and lighthearted, focuses on his high-society Manhattan lifestyle; the second hypothesizes that Capote had an affair, emotional or otherwise, with murderer Perry Smith (Craig). EXTRAS Writer-director Douglas McGrath’s consistently informative commentary is full of Capote anecdotes, plus the tidbit that Mark Ruffalo, cast as Smith, dropped out at the last minute.
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Toby Jones, Daniel Craig, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver; Director: Douglas McGrath; Author: Douglas McGrath; Release Date Limited: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright