Unfairly dismissed as ”the other Truman Capote movie,” Infamous takes a different tack in portraying the story of his true-crime masterpiece In Cold Blood. The film’s first half, jaunty and lighthearted, focuses on his high-society Manhattan lifestyle; the second hypothesizes that Capote had an affair, emotional or otherwise, with murderer Perry Smith (Craig). EXTRAS Writer-director Douglas McGrath’s consistently informative commentary is full of Capote anecdotes, plus the tidbit that Mark Ruffalo, cast as Smith, dropped out at the last minute.
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Toby Jones, Daniel Craig, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver; Director: Douglas McGrath; Author: Douglas McGrath; Release Date Limited: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- CBS pulls 'Angel From Hell' from schedule
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' premiere: Talk about it here
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: The Most Dramatic 'Bachelor' Recap Ever: Episode 6
- 'Scorpion' stars break down big Quintis moment
- Oscars show will be 'most diverse ever,' producer says
- 'X-Files' writer on Monday night's huge spoiler
- Lupita Nyong'o in talks to star in sci-fi thriller 'Intelligent Life'