Unfairly dismissed as ”the other Truman Capote movie,” Infamous takes a different tack in portraying the story of his true-crime masterpiece In Cold Blood. The film’s first half, jaunty and lighthearted, focuses on his high-society Manhattan lifestyle; the second hypothesizes that Capote had an affair, emotional or otherwise, with murderer Perry Smith (Craig). EXTRAS Writer-director Douglas McGrath’s consistently informative commentary is full of Capote anecdotes, plus the tidbit that Mark Ruffalo, cast as Smith, dropped out at the last minute.
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Toby Jones, Daniel Craig, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver; Director: Douglas McGrath; Author: Douglas McGrath; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
- From People: Texas man commemorates DressGate with tattoo of 'The Dress'
- Terrence Howard explains his odd moment onstage at the Oscars
- 'Power/Rangers' short film creator releases bootleg James Bond film
- Katy Perry selling Left Shark onesies
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'