Unfairly dismissed as ”the other Truman Capote movie,” Infamous takes a different tack in portraying the story of his true-crime masterpiece In Cold Blood. The film’s first half, jaunty and lighthearted, focuses on his high-society Manhattan lifestyle; the second hypothesizes that Capote had an affair, emotional or otherwise, with murderer Perry Smith (Craig). EXTRAS Writer-director Douglas McGrath’s consistently informative commentary is full of Capote anecdotes, plus the tidbit that Mark Ruffalo, cast as Smith, dropped out at the last minute.
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Sandra Bullock, Toby Jones, Daniel Craig, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver; Director: Douglas McGrath; Author: Douglas McGrath; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo