With a sassy script, requisite dinner-party scene, and sugary ending, Trust the Man doesn’t break the romantic comedy’s long-hardening mold. Its freshest parts? The beautiful cast, trendy NYC settings, and Duchovny and Moore’s blundering annual therapy session. EXTRAS A narcissistic commentary with writer-director Bart Freundlich (Moore’s husband) and Duchovny affirms this is the little indie that could: It filmed at 62 locations in the Big Apple (including fave eateries Serendipity, Pastis, and Tartine) on $5 million in 35 days.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Billy Crudup, David Duchovny, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julianne Moore, Bob Balaban, Ellen Barkin, James LeGros, Eva Mendes, Garry Shandling; Director: Bart Freundlich; Author: Bart Freundlich; Release Date Limited: 08/18/2006; Release Date Wide: 09/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Here's your exclusive first look at 'Project Runway' season 15
- Marvel Tsum Tsums go from plush to digital in new mobile game
- Chris Pratt explains his 'Magnificent Seven' character
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Jim Broadbent in first season 7 role
- 'Pretty Little Liars': The latest victim speaks!
- 'Captain America: Civil War' among new items on iTunes in September
- The Voice's Dia Frampton shares career struggle in heartbreaking essay
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall