With a sassy script, requisite dinner-party scene, and sugary ending, Trust the Man doesn’t break the romantic comedy’s long-hardening mold. Its freshest parts? The beautiful cast, trendy NYC settings, and Duchovny and Moore’s blundering annual therapy session. EXTRAS A narcissistic commentary with writer-director Bart Freundlich (Moore’s husband) and Duchovny affirms this is the little indie that could: It filmed at 62 locations in the Big Apple (including fave eateries Serendipity, Pastis, and Tartine) on $5 million in 35 days.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Billy Crudup, David Duchovny, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julianne Moore, Bob Balaban, Ellen Barkin, James LeGros, Eva Mendes, Garry Shandling; Director: Bart Freundlich; Author: Bart Freundlich; Release Date Wide: 09/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Katy Perry is selling Left Shark onesies now
- Casting Net: Drew Goddard eyed to direct next 'Spider-Man'
- Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter in ‘Sharknado 3’
- 'Real Housewives' trailer: Bethenny's back
- Fall 2015 TV pilots: Updated full list
- Ellie Goulding: 'Voice' Team Adam adviser
- 'Empire' star Taraji P. Henson on origins of 'Boo Boo Kitty’