With a sassy script, requisite dinner-party scene, and sugary ending, Trust the Man doesn’t break the romantic comedy’s long-hardening mold. Its freshest parts? The beautiful cast, trendy NYC settings, and Duchovny and Moore’s blundering annual therapy session. EXTRAS A narcissistic commentary with writer-director Bart Freundlich (Moore’s husband) and Duchovny affirms this is the little indie that could: It filmed at 62 locations in the Big Apple (including fave eateries Serendipity, Pastis, and Tartine) on $5 million in 35 days.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Billy Crudup, David Duchovny, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julianne Moore, Bob Balaban, Ellen Barkin, James LeGros, Eva Mendes, Garry Shandling; Director: Bart Freundlich; Author: Bart Freundlich; Release Date Wide: 09/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' takes the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100
- Suge Knight wouldn't leave his cell for robbery hearing
- MTV's 'Catfish' subject arrested for 'terroristic threats'
- Tracy Morgan settles with Walmart
- '19 Kids and Counting' loses more ads
- John Legend and Meghan Trainor go a cappella in new 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You' clip
- Jason Reitman will write, direct 'Beekle' for DreamWorks Animation