With a sassy script, requisite dinner-party scene, and sugary ending, Trust the Man doesn’t break the romantic comedy’s long-hardening mold. Its freshest parts? The beautiful cast, trendy NYC settings, and Duchovny and Moore’s blundering annual therapy session. EXTRAS A narcissistic commentary with writer-director Bart Freundlich (Moore’s husband) and Duchovny affirms this is the little indie that could: It filmed at 62 locations in the Big Apple (including fave eateries Serendipity, Pastis, and Tartine) on $5 million in 35 days.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Billy Crudup, David Duchovny, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julianne Moore, Bob Balaban, Ellen Barkin, James LeGros, Eva Mendes, Garry Shandling; Director: Bart Freundlich; Author: Bart Freundlich; Release Date Limited: 08/18/2006; Release Date Wide: 09/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted February 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel