With a sassy script, requisite dinner-party scene, and sugary ending, Trust the Man doesn’t break the romantic comedy’s long-hardening mold. Its freshest parts? The beautiful cast, trendy NYC settings, and Duchovny and Moore’s blundering annual therapy session. EXTRAS A narcissistic commentary with writer-director Bart Freundlich (Moore’s husband) and Duchovny affirms this is the little indie that could: It filmed at 62 locations in the Big Apple (including fave eateries Serendipity, Pastis, and Tartine) on $5 million in 35 days.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Billy Crudup, David Duchovny, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julianne Moore, Bob Balaban, Ellen Barkin, James LeGros, Eva Mendes, Garry Shandling; Director: Bart Freundlich; Author: Bart Freundlich; Release Date Wide: 09/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A