After exploring the euphoria and pain of love in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, director Michel Gondry delves into the wonder of dreams in The Science of Sleep. Gael García Bernal plays Stéphane, a man-child whose sleeping and waking lives blend and blur indistinguishably. The film is full of fantastical images (an animated city of toilet paper rolls, a stuffed horse galloping through an apartment), but there’s little story to wrap its whimsy around. EXTRAS In a making-of, a crew member shares Gondry’s philosophy: ”If an idea is good, it’s on the verge of being stupid.” B-
Genre: Drama, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Gael García Bernal, Alain Chabat, Miou-Miou; Director: Michel Gondry; Author: Michel Gondry; Release Date Limited: 09/22/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted February 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- Keith Richards disses hip-hop, heavy metal in new interview
- Justin Bieber sets Spotify record with 'What Do You Mean?'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!