After exploring the euphoria and pain of love in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, director Michel Gondry delves into the wonder of dreams in The Science of Sleep. Gael García Bernal plays Stéphane, a man-child whose sleeping and waking lives blend and blur indistinguishably. The film is full of fantastical images (an animated city of toilet paper rolls, a stuffed horse galloping through an apartment), but there’s little story to wrap its whimsy around. EXTRAS In a making-of, a crew member shares Gondry’s philosophy: ”If an idea is good, it’s on the verge of being stupid.” B-
Genre: Drama, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Gael García Bernal, Alain Chabat, Miou-Miou; Director: Michel Gondry; Author: Michel Gondry; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted February 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!