Can’t get enough of High School Musical? Good news! Next year, Disney will release the big-screen spin-off Haunted High School Musical. But why stop there? I’ve got a few ideas of my own:
– TRAFFIC SCHOOL MUSICAL Among the catchy hit songs: “Hands at 10 and 2” and the reworked cover “I Can Drive 55.”
– VO-TECH SCHOOL MUSICAL Rumpled AC-repair students battle the ruthless court-reporting clique for the best real estate at an upcoming career fair.
– NIGHT SCHOOL MUSICAL It’s School of Rock meets Strangers With Candy when an ex-con and a kind hooker learn about readin’, writin’, and redemption.
– BEAUTY SCHOOL MUSICAL Grease’s Frenchie inspires pupils with her off-kilter brand of beehives and doo-wop. Ryan Seacrest cameos as the highlights guru.
– SWISS BOARDING SCHOOL MUSICAL A marching-band instructor prone to yodeling (Gwen Stefani) leads a coup to oust the stodgy, rock & roll-hating dean (Gavin Rossdale).
Got a funny idea for a HSM spinoff of your own? Burn up the comment column, PopWatchers!
addCredit(“High School Musical: Fred Hayes/Disney Channel”)