Remember that urban legend about a guy who wakes up in a bathtub filled with ice and discovers that someone’s stolen his kidney? Michael Palmer’s thriller The Fifth Vial runs with the myth. Dr. Natalie Reyes falls victim to a seemingly random attack in Rio de Janeiro that leaves her missing a lung and searching for answers; meanwhile, Chicago private detective Ben Callahan tracks a medical conglomerate kidnapping people to harvest their organs for recipients who ”best serve mankind.” The dual story lines meander a bit before the final showdown, but Palmer’s black-market bogeymen offer a terrifying vision of the Hippocratic oath gone very wrong. B
The Fifth Vial Remember that urban legend about a guy who wakes up in a bathtub filled with ice and discovers that someone's stolen his kidney? Michael Palmer's...The Fifth VialMystery and Thriller, FictionMichael Palmer Remember that urban legend about a guy who wakes up in a bathtub filled with ice and discovers that someone's stolen his kidney? Michael Palmer's...2007-02-16St. Martin's Press
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Michael Palmer; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted February 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!