As Norbit, who’s like a nerd out of 1974’s worst urban sitcom, Eddie Murphy speaks in a breathy lisp. Murphy also plays Rasputia, a scowling terror, her limbs dripping with fat. The spectacle of spilling, jiggling flesh is so convincing that it makes a mockery, an irrelevance, of Murphy’s gifts.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Eddie Murphy, Thandie Newton, Cuba Gooding Jr., Eddie Griffin; Director: Brian Robbins; Author: David Ronn, Jay Scherick; Release Date Wide: 02/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!