It’s axiomatic that the more a superhero looks like the spawn of Satan, the more of a softy he is inside. As Johnny Blaze, a daredevil biker who sells his soul, becoming the vengeful Ghost Rider, Nicolas Cage passes off droopiness as acting. The Ghost Rider himself makes for a nifty image, with a skull that pokes out of his spiked leather jacket and pops into flames like a cigarette lighter. But everything else in Ghost Rider(the story, the visual energy, Peter Fonda channeling Jack Nicholson as the devil) is so much flatter than it was on the comic-book page that an image is all he is. C-
(Sony Pictures Imageworks)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Wes Bentley, Eva Mendes; Director: Mark Steven Johnson; Author: Mark Steven Johnson; Release Date Wide: 02/16/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted February 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters