As you may have heard, the Academy Awards will be held this Sunday evening in Hollywood. Who’s gonna win an Oscar? We’ll see. Pundits like EW’s crack panel say there’s a good chance that Helen Mirren will walk away with a statuette for her work in The Queen, while Forest Whitaker is a favorite to take home a little gold guy for playing Idi Amin in The Last King of Scotland. Jennifer Hudson, most agree, will probably win a Best Supporting Actress prize for her debut role in Dreamgirls, and her costar Eddie Murphy may also snag a trophy. But which movie will win the Best Picture award? Smart money’s on the folks from The Departed or Babel heading up on stage and grabbing their … wait a sec, PopWatchers, I’ve run out of Oscar nicknames! Academy Award. Oscar. Statuette. Little gold guy. Prize. Trophy. Oh no! Bad time for this to happen, considering all the stuff we’ve gotta write in the next week. I’m racking my brain but coming up with nothing (well, nothing clever or clean, at least). Paperweight — no. Stiffie — um, NO. Can you help? What else might we call the little gol… I mean, priz… I mean, statuet… I mean, ugh! Your ideas, people, let’s go!
Posted February 21 2007 — 11:00 AM EST
- Jonathan Groff to return for Glee finale
- Zelda Williams reflects on dad Robin Williams' legacy on 'Today'
- Another woman accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault
- Box office preview: Focus and Fifty Shades face off
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight' game's prequel comic: Preview 4 pages
- It Follows clip lays out the rules for hotly anticipated horror movie
- Video game version of Slender Man myth is coming to Xbox One and PS4
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!