Here’s a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn’t solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell gamely plays the love interest of a goody-goody college freshman (Thumbsucker’s Pucci) forced to sell 50 Ecstasy pills in one day to earn tuition money. The direct-to-DVD indie keeps the cutesy premise fresh with clever cameos (American Pie’s Eddie Kaye Thomas plays a doper with a Diff’rent Strokes fetish), but wasting Bell — even in the EXTRAS (come on, she’s barely in the making-of!) — makes Pills a funky trip.
Fifty Pills Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...Fifty PillsComedyMatthew PerniciaroPT83MUnrated Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...2007-02-23Echo Bridge Entertainment
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Lou Taylor Pucci; Director: Theo Avergerinos; Author: Matthew Perniciaro; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Echo Bridge Entertainment
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover