Here’s a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn’t solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell gamely plays the love interest of a goody-goody college freshman (Thumbsucker’s Pucci) forced to sell 50 Ecstasy pills in one day to earn tuition money. The direct-to-DVD indie keeps the cutesy premise fresh with clever cameos (American Pie’s Eddie Kaye Thomas plays a doper with a Diff’rent Strokes fetish), but wasting Bell — even in the EXTRAS (come on, she’s barely in the making-of!) — makes Pills a funky trip.
Fifty Pills Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...Fifty PillsComedyMatthew PerniciaroPT83MUnrated Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...2007-02-23Echo Bridge Entertainment
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Lou Taylor Pucci; Director: Theo Avergerinos; Author: Matthew Perniciaro; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Echo Bridge Entertainment
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt