Here’s a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn’t solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell gamely plays the love interest of a goody-goody college freshman (Thumbsucker’s Pucci) forced to sell 50 Ecstasy pills in one day to earn tuition money. The direct-to-DVD indie keeps the cutesy premise fresh with clever cameos (American Pie’s Eddie Kaye Thomas plays a doper with a Diff’rent Strokes fetish), but wasting Bell — even in the EXTRAS (come on, she’s barely in the making-of!) — makes Pills a funky trip.
Fifty Pills Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...Fifty PillsComedyMatthew PerniciaroPT83MUnrated Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...2007-02-23Echo Bridge Entertainment
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Lou Taylor Pucci; Director: Theo Avergerinos; Author: Matthew Perniciaro; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Echo Bridge Entertainment
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup