Here’s a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn’t solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell gamely plays the love interest of a goody-goody college freshman (Thumbsucker’s Pucci) forced to sell 50 Ecstasy pills in one day to earn tuition money. The direct-to-DVD indie keeps the cutesy premise fresh with clever cameos (American Pie’s Eddie Kaye Thomas plays a doper with a Diff’rent Strokes fetish), but wasting Bell — even in the EXTRAS (come on, she’s barely in the making-of!) — makes Pills a funky trip.
Fifty Pills Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...Fifty PillsComedyMatthew PerniciaroPT83MUnrated Here's a mystery even Veronica Mars couldn't solve: Why does Fifty Pills squander our favorite TV sleuth in a do-nothing role? Bell...2007-02-23Echo Bridge Entertainment
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Lou Taylor Pucci; Director: Theo Avergerinos; Author: Matthew Perniciaro; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Echo Bridge Entertainment
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel